- Another large-scale, stealthy cyberattack is underway on a scale that could dwarf last week’s assault on computers worldwide, a global cybersecurity firm told AFP on Wednesday.
- Meet Adylkuzz – the new cyberattack that “is much bigger than WannaCry.”
- Instead of completely disabling an infected computer by encrypting data and seeking a ransom payment, Adylkuzz uses the machines it infects to “mine” in a background task a virtual currency, Monero, and transfer the money createdto the authors of the virus.
- Proofpoint said in a blog that symptoms of the attack include loss of access to shared Windows resources and degradation of PC and server performance, effects which some users may not notice immediately.
- “As it is silent and doesn’t trouble the user, the Adylkuzz attack is much more profitable for the cyber criminals.