Six banks have now joined UBS plus the central banks to support the blockchain project. Jobs reports is awful, the numbers show the economy is collapsing. Mortgage activity declines at the same time construction spending implodes. Russia and the BRICS are getting ready to go up against excessive domination of certain reserve currencies. Antifa is feeling the backlash, it looks like support for Antifa is ending. New evidence reveals that Comey covered up the Clinton email investigation. South Korea has decided they will not bring back nukes to their area. Putin warns the world of a major event with NK if the situation is not calmed down. Both sides have been provoking each other and if this keeps up there will be an event that triggers a world war. The US issues a travel warning for Europe until Nov 2017.
Check Out The X22 Report Spotlight YouTube Channel – X22Report Spotlight
Please check Newzsentinel.com for the latest news on the economic collapse. The Sentinel Alerts are updated throughout the day. If you haven’t already, go to “The People” and join the community of people who are helping each through the economic collapse.
Current News – 09.01.2017
- Here’s a piece of news that the remaining human members of Wall Street’s FX sales and trading desks probably don’t want to hear.
- According to the Financial Times, six of the world’s largest banks have decided to join a blockchain project called “utility coin” that will allow banks to settle trades in securities denominated in different currencies without a money transfer. What’s worse, the banks expect to begin live-testing the project late next year.
“Barclays, Credit Suisse, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, HSBC, MUFG and State Street have teamed up to work on the “utility settlement coin” which was created by Switzerland’s UBS to make financial markets more efficient.
- The project’s managers say they’ve already involved representatives from various central banks…
“Hyder Jaffrey, head of strategic investment and fintech innovation at UBS, said: “We have been in discussions with central banks and regulators and we will continue that over the next 12 months with the aim of a limited ‘go live’ at the back end of 2018.”
- They could settle those payments in utility coin instead of routing payments through an interbank broker. This will only hasten the declining employment of human currency traders, as fewer trades executed via traditional systems means even less business and even more pressure to automate.
- BLS reported that in August just 156K jobs were created, a big miss to the 180K expected, and following a sharp downward revision to June and July, which were revised to 210K and 189K, respectively, a 41K drop combined.
- the number of employed Americans declined by 74,000 to 153,439K. On an annual basis, the increase in the employment level dropped to 1.2%, the lowest since March.
- The unemployment rate also disappointed, rising from 4.3% to 4.4%,
- While the labor force participation rate remained unchanged at 62.9%, the number of Americans not in the labor force increased once again, growing by 128K in August to 94.785 million.
- Ironically, manufacturing employment somehow rose by 36,000 in August, with Job gains allegedly occuring in motor vehicles and parts (+14,000) – at a time when virtually every car factory was furloughing workers,
- U.S. mortgage applications to buy a home fell last week to the their lowest level in more than six months, even as some home borrowing costs fell to their lowest since November, the Mortgage Bankers Association said on Wednesday.
- Economists missed the construction spending mark by a mile this month.
- The Econoday consensus was for spending to rise by 0.6%. Instead, construction spending fell by 0.6%.
- Econoday finds strength in the numbers, I don’t.
The real weakness in the report is on the nonresidential side where private spending, reflecting weakness across all components and especially commercial building, fell 1.9 percent for a yearly decline of 3.6 percent. Public building is likewise soft with the educational category down 4.4 percent in July.
- Both new and existing home sales reports have been weak. Family formation is weak.
- The alleged strength in this report comes not from building more houses, but from building more expensive houses.
- However, construction spending is extremely volatile and heavily revised. All of the numbers in this report are suspect actually.
- Russia wants to promote economic cooperation within the BRICS format. According to Russian President Vladimir Putin, there has been a number of practical achievements in the work of the five-nation bloc.
- In an open letter published ahead of the 9th BRICS Summit in China, Putin expressed confidence the BRICS countries will continue to act against protectionism and new barriers to global trade.
- He added that Russia shares the BRICS countries’ concerns over the “unfairness of the global financial and economic architecture, which does not give due regard to the growing weight of the emerging economies.”
- The Russian President also voiced readiness to work in promoting international financial regulation reforms and overcoming the excessive domination of the limited number of reserve currencies. “We will also work toward a more balanced distribution of quotas and voting shares within the IMF and the World Bank,” he said.
- He also pointed out the successful implementation of a BRICS Strategy for Economic Partnership which was adopted on Russia’s initiative at the Ufa Summit in 2015.
- “We hope to be able to discuss new large-scale cooperation tasks in trade and investment and industrial cooperation at the Xiamen Summit,” said Putin.
- Now we’re seeing widespread condemnation from both the media and establishment hacks, Clearly, someone pulled the plug on ANTIFA.
- previously unreported FBI and Department of Homeland Security studies found that “anarchist extremist” group like Antifa have been the “primary instigators of violence at public rallies” going back to at least April 2016 when the reports were first published.
Federal authorities have been warning state and local officials since early 2016 that leftist extremists known as “antifa” had become increasingly confrontational and dangerous, so much so that the Department of Homeland Security formally classified their activities as “domestic terrorist violence,”
These antifa guys were showing up with weapons, shields and bike helmets and just beating the shit out of people. … They’re using Molotov cocktails, they’re starting fires, they’re throwing bombs and smashing windows.”
- A new letter from Senators Chuck Grassley and Lindsey Graham reveal testimony from new witnesses suggesting that former FBI Director James Comey had already started drafting documentation exonerating Hillary Clinton long before interviewing key witnesses, including Hillary herself.
- According to the letter, which is based on testimony from James Rybicki, Comey’s Chief of Staff, and Trisha Anderson, the Principal Deputy General Counsel of National Security and Cyberlaw, Comey began drafting a statement to announce the conclusion of the Hillary investigation in April or May 2016, well before he had interviewed up to 17 key witnesses.
- Meanwhile, as if that weren’t bad enough, the Comey statement was also drafted before immunity deals were struck with Cheryl Mills and Heather Samuelson who seemingly ran point, along with Platte River Networks, to destroy Hillary’s emails after a Congressional subpoena had been issued mandating their preservation.
Both transcripts are heavily redacted without explanation. However, they indicate that Comey began drafting a statement to announce the conclusion of the Clinton email investigation in April or May of 2016, before the FBI interviewed up to 17 key witnesses including former Secretary Clinton and several of her closest aides. The draft statement also came before the Department entered into immunity agreements with Cheryl Mills and Heather Samuelson where the Department agreed to a very limited review of Secretary Clinton’s emails and to destroy their laptops after review.
- But, we’re sure this is just another attempt to “criminalize behavior that is normal.”
- South Korea’s presidential office does not plan to redeploy US nuclear weapons in response to a recent North Korean missile launch, a senior official told local media on Friday.
- US tactical nuclear weapons were removed from the country in late 1991 as part of Seoul’s denuclearization agreement with Pyongyang.
- Russian president warned that the two sides are “balancing on the verge of a large-scale conflict,” adding that any efforts to pressure the North to end its nuclear program would prove “futile,” and that the only tenable solution to the standoff would be a “dialogue with preconditions.”
- His remarks about a diplomatic solution alluded to a “road map” to peace formulated jointly between Russia and China…. without the U.S.
- According to the joint Russian-Chinese deescalation plan, North Korea would stop work on its missile program in exchange for the US and South Korea halting large-scale war games, allowing tensions to gradually subside.
- American citizens are being warned to be on the lookout for terrorists in Europe when visiting popular tourist sites and other soft targets such as restaurants, airports and hotels that have become favorite targets for attacks, according to an updated travel alert issued by the US Department of State “Recent, widely reported incidents in France, Russia, Sweden, the United Kingdom, Spain, and Finland demonstrate that the [Daesh]… al-Qaeda and their affiliates have the ability to plan and execute terrorist attacks in Europe,” the alert stated on Thursday.
- The travel alert expires on November 30, 2017.