- From the Balkans to the US, walls are going up, not down, according to demographer and The Fourth Turning author Neil Howe.
- Speaking to a packed crowd at Mauldin Economics’ Strategic Investment Conference in Orlando, Howe said we are reliving many of the same trends and changes of the 1930s.
- Faith in Democracy Is Fading
- “Worldwide, people are losing trust in institutions,” he said. “Trust in the military, small business, and police is still there. But trust in democracies, media, and politicians is dropping.”
- When was the last time we saw these changes and the rise of right-wing populism?” he asked. “The 1930s.”