Author Topic: Australia issues rolling fines to those who don't vaccinate their children  (Read 3571 times)

Offline Nym Net

• View Profile
July 07th, 2018

Australia Issues Rolling Fines to Parents Who Won’t Vaccinate Their Children

“If the state forced a child to be vaccinated and the child had a significant medical reaction and potentially died as a result of that, that would be a huge burden that the state would have put on those parents.” – Former New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
by Emma Fiala

CANBERRA, AUSTRALIA — Australia’s “No Jab, No Pay” policy just got a little stronger, or at least more insistent. Under the previous policy, parents who did not keep their children up to date on vaccinations would miss out on a one-time, end-of-the-year tax benefit called Family Tax Benefit Part A, valued at AU$737. Under the updated policy, those same parents will instead lose AU$28 every two weeks while their child is not up to date.

Australia’s Minister for Social Services, Dan Tehan, said in a statement:

Immunization is the safest way to protect children from vaccine-preventable diseases. Parents who don’t immunize their children are putting their own kids at risk as well as the children of other people.”

The expanded No Jab, No Pay policy went into effect on July 1, 2018.

While parents will miss out on approximately the same amount of money in the end, the updated policy serves as a more “constant reminder” that the government of Australia wants all children vaccinated, according to Tehan.

more here: https://www.mintpressnews.com/australia-fines-parents-vaccines/245584/

In my local area fellow dog walkers have been telling me how they've been fined for letting their dog jump out of the car without a lead / leash on. One woman told me the ranger followed her demanding to check her dog's chip with the scanner, then told her the dog still had to have a name tag attached to it's collar. Council rangers must have ;ittle else to do these days given we've gone from free-roaming fence-less suburbs to this! What's left?