Author Topic: Dollar fell 16% against Peso  (Read 1896 times)

Offline infinitum

• R.I.P. Infinitum didn't know the cat was armed.
    • View Profile
Dollar fell 16% against Peso
« on: May 18, 2013, 05:30:58 PM »

First, I’m no economist. I’m retired, living in Mexico, and watching my retirement income fall apart.

Being retired, I have a lot of time to read the internet news. If any of you follow that news, it appears the US Dollar is getting stronger. I’m here to tell you it’s all fake. US QE to eternity is being offset by Japan’s QE to eternity, Europe’s QE to eternity, and UK’s QE to eternity. But what happens if you compare the US Dollar to a currency in a country that doesn’t have QE to eternity. (Hint) The US Dollar is falling apart.

One year ago, the exchange rate for the Peso/Dollar was 14.6, I got 14.6 Peso’s for every dollar in Social Security I brought down. Today, I get 12.3 Peso’s for every dollar. In terms everybody can understand, 1 year ago $2000 in Social Security got you $29,200 Peso’s a month to live on. Today, it gets you $24,600 Peso’s a month. That’s 4,600 Peso’s less each month. Divide that by the current 12.3 Peso exchange rate and you’ll see that you’ve lost the equivalent of $374 US Dollar’s a month in income, in 1 year. Ouch!!

Don’t be fooled. You’ll never hear the talking head’s compare the US Dollar to a country that isn’t playing the game.

Offline sawfrog

• "dying is easy, it's living thats hard"
    • View Profile
Re: Dollar fell 16% against Peso
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 09:17:46 PM »
Thanks for that report, if it wasn't for people like you we would never hear of this kind of thing.