Author Topic: U.S. Health Care Ranked Dead Last Compared to 10 Countries  (Read 3424 times)

RougeCoyote

U.S. Health Care Ranked Dead Last Compared to 10 Countries
« on: June 22, 2014, 06:24:51 AM »
U.S. Health Care Ranked Dead Last Compared to 10 Countries 

Natural Society  http://naturalsociety.com/
by Christina Sarich
June 21st, 2014

When compared to ten other countries, which you think we would at least hold our own against, we ranked dead last when comparing health care systems and their efficacy. According to the Commonwealth Fund in their latest report “Mirror, Mirror On The Wall — 2014 Update” (PDF here), Americans are getting some of the shoddiest health care around. Is it true?

We have the most expensive health care system in the world, but it is far from the best. Consider these 10 countries that are doing a better job spending less money:

•1. United Kingdom

•2. Switzerland

•3. Sweden

•4. Australia

•5. 6. Germany & Netherlands (tied)

•7. 8. New Zealand & Norway (tied)

•9. France

•10. Canada

•11. United States

The Commonwealth Fund report is brief – only 32 pages long – but it uses data previously compiled from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) to paint a dire picture for the US healthcare system.

The US system of care was compared to those of other countries utilizing the following criteria:

•Effective care

•Safe care

•Coordinated care

•Patient-centered care

Despite the fact that we now have ‘universal care,’ otherwise known as Obamacare, U.S. citizens go without the care they need more often than people in 10 other countries. That means that as we spend trillions on care, several million people aren’t even being addressed. We may be effective at treating people in emergency situations, but improvement is needed overall.

Not surprising, people with means get better care than people who don’t have money. One-third or more, lower-income adults in the U.S. said they went without needed care because of costs in the past year.

The U.S. also ranks poorly in three telling factors regarding human health: mortality amenable to medical care, infant mortality, and healthy life expectancy at age 60.  France, Sweden, and Switzerland far exceeded our standards in these areas.

Our efficiency scores are atrocious too. Due to our bloated administrative costs, emergency room use, and duplicate medical testing, we waste money on healthcare beaurocracy instead of providing actual care.

The bottom line is this – government run healthcare is not Universal healthcare, and this is still something that many other industrialized nations are able to provide for their people at a cost which doesn’t bankrupt their countries. As long as our government is allowed to run services that are as important as healthcare, and our government is overrun with special interests, then we are doomed to low quality care at inflated prices. It’s like ordering a fast food meal and paying a 5-star restaurant price for it, even when you are ordering your health care ala carte.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are links that go with and support the original article. To view them click on the link below.

Read this and more great articles from Natural Society at:
http://naturalsociety.com/us-health-care-ranked-dead-last-compared-10-countries/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer - http://x22report.com/disclaimer/

Offline wolfy

• View Profile
Re: U.S. Health Care Ranked Dead Last Compared to 10 Countries
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 10:27:53 PM »
Why am I not surprised?
I have long treated things with natural remedies. I spent 13 years working at whole foods market and learned even more.
I ride buses and see so many people who are obese and use walkers or wheelchairs.
I lost weight by walking a lot.

Offline RonInFlorida

• View Profile
    • Bulk Discounted Colloidal Silver For Preppers By Preppers
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 12:57:41 PM »
My mailman is a perfect example...he's a diabetic and got an ulcer on the bottom of his foot.  No one is treating his diabetes, only the ulcer, so nothing is happening except he's losing money, losing a zest for living, feeding the medical industry that sucks his blood.

He's a new carrier on my route so in the course of getting to know each other, I've offered him my natural remedies and he's making improvements!

He's drinking the colloidal silver I make, using a colloidal silver gel I make that also has Lavender and Tea Tree oils in it, plus I add silver microdust too.  I've got him raising his body pH with alkalinizing minerals, and swallowing Chlorella for nutrition and detox. 

His foot is getting better and his energy is increasing...it's fun to watch!

Offline wolfy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 10:04:34 PM »
Colloidal silver was one remedy sold at whole foods. I have a lot of medicinal
Herbs in jars with labels from the bulk department. I even have kelp powder
From when they sold it.

RougeCoyote

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 09:49:24 AM »

I've got him raising his body pH with alkalinizing minerals, and

Hey Ron. I was just talking to my wife yesterday about pH levels. Perhaps you can do a post about it. I know that no buddy I know really knows about it. And I don't have any information on it myself. I think it would be an excellent topics.

No one is treating his diabetes, only the ulcer, so nothing is happening except he's losing money, losing a zest for living, feeding the medical industry that sucks his blood.

Merrimack and I were talking the other day about medical tyranny. Its always about the money and their greed. And under this Obamacare its just going to get worse.

Offline RonInFlorida

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 01:11:52 PM »
Dr. Vasey is THE guru on this topic.  http://www.christophervasey.ch/anglais/home.html

My journey took me to pH as a central focal point a few years ago then to getting relief from a urinary symptom that haunted me for a decade.

In a nutshell, the blood's pH needs to be between 7.35 and 7.45 or we suffer or die, depending on how far out of whack the blood is.  Just like when you're starving the body will eat itself to stay alive, when the blood pH is moving away from these limits, it will begin looking for ways to fix the problem.  Normally, the problem is the pH is too low, acidic.   To buffer the acid, the body may leech alkaline minerals from the bones....oops, osteoporosis.

We've all been in a swimming pool where the pH was off and our eyes would burn.  No imagine your entire body is burning from an overall pH that is too low or high.  This is the root cause of so many diseases.  We normally end up acidic and that means oxygen poor, which means a struggle for life.  But cancer cells thrive on processed sugars, not oxygen so they do very well in acidic environments, hence the most common alternative remedy for cancer is to raise your body pH and cut off the carbs, especially simple sugars.

In Vasey's book he tells you how to detox your body of excess stored acids....stored because they can't be transported in the blood to be excreted since that would kill you.  Did you know that fat is an acid?  Or comprised in part of acids....well, one place the body hides acid is in fat cells.  Often people lose weight during the detox.  The detox is easy...just take enough of the alkaline mineral supplement to get the urine pH to 7-7.5 and that's usually about 3 teaspoons a day.  As the detox is tapering off, it takes less and less of the powder to maintain that pH level.  If you've changed your lifestyle to get rid of the acid bias (whole raw foods, exercise, rest, etc...) then you may be able to maintain your pH without supplementation otherwise you will always have to supplement.

Baking soda is a cheap way to supplement.  Drinking tons of clean water and sweating profusely are ways of helping your body detox the acid faster.  My sweat pH is 4.58.  That serves the purpose of killing microbes....the body is amazing!

If you look at this food chart you can see a connection between all of the recommendations you hear from so many different sources... http://www.trans4mind.com/nutrition/AirWaterLife-FoodImpactOnBody-pH-Chart.png

Look at what is acidic and you will remember being told time and time again not to consume those things and vice versa for the stuff that makes you more alkaline.  pH is an excellent focal point for health!

RougeCoyote

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 06:33:22 AM »
Hey Ron, how do you go about checking you pH level ?

Offline RonInFlorida

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 08:04:49 AM »
Hey Ron, how do you go about checking you pH level ?

Sorry, I forgot to finish the story....

I used a digital pH meter since my color vision isn't sharp enough to use the test strips.  You test the urine.  Really easy. 

Once I started using the alkalinizing mineral supplement, about a day or two later, a urinary symptom that had been bugging for years disappeared.  It felt like I had a chronic minor urinary track infection so I would eat cranberry supplements all the time, but it was simply my urine pH was too acidic and irritating me.  What a revelation that was!

When I told this to my urologist, he sincerely had never heard of this before as a pH problem but since I had experienced it myself, it didn't matter.   I found the help I needed.

A cheaper supplement to try would be baking soda.  The other supplement I've been using is from a company called pHion and it's about $18/bottle.  I can buy about 20lbs of baking soda for that. 

RougeCoyote

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 08:18:47 AM »
So, can I use them pH test strips for the fish tank?

Offline RonInFlorida

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2014, 08:41:23 AM »
Maybe...I don't know the sensitivity of those strips.   At the drug store, you can get urine ones for $10.  Or a digital meter for $50ish.