Author Topic: He who does not have a sword.  (Read 7741 times)

Deeply

Re: He who does not have a sword.
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 11:29:53 PM »
They also never told us who, if anyone, is not afforded Second Amendment rights.

I'll post it here again, just in case you missed anything ;)

I underlined the important parts for you ;D ;D ;D

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

RougeCoyote

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2014, 08:40:54 AM »

I don't mean to say that we should never cite the second amendment. Just that we should be more careful with our words. We should be careful to cite the second amendment where the second amendment has force, or arguably has force, and our natural rights where the second amendment should have force but does not.

When you put it that way. Now I understand what you were saying. And I agree with that as I see the second amendment as an extension of our natural rights.

FloydPink

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2015, 11:40:16 PM »
You are just as likely to get shot carrying a sword. A sword doesn't require reloading but you do have to get in close proximity to your target. Its not a bad idea to have a sword, just as long as its a real sword. You don't want to use a display sword that's going to break the second you try to defend yourself with it. There is a weapon for every situation. And if guns are outlawed, banned, and confiscated, lots of people will be fighting with bladed weapons. Having a sword will be an advantage, especially when other people have just pocket knives, hunting knives, or even bayonets.

Let me let you in on a little secret. I don't like guns, but I still have one, I have it incase I have to use it. Better to have it and not have to use it, than to need one and not have one. I don't go around thinking I'm a big man because I have a rifle, I do not have it to scare people. It's strictly for self defense and hunting. Lets see you try and catch a deer with just your sword. You'll see why Americans appreciate guns so much, it puts food on the table.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 03:32:45 PM by Deeply »

FloydPink

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2015, 02:14:53 AM »
Why do you even bother to train with a weapon if you have no intention of using it? You have it, you know how to use it, but when it comes time to use it, you'll find an excuse to not use it. I'm trying to wrap my mind around this. If someone intends to rob you, you just give them your wallet, your hard earned money without a fight, I can understand avoiding conflict, but how long do you think you can put it off? You may not want to hurt anyone, I get that, and its not a bad thing, but there are people out there, who intend to hurt you, and they have guns, they know how to use them, and when it comes time to using them, they aren't going to hesitate, they aren't going to feel bad, they aren't even going to have an after thought, are you going to let these people take your life just like you let them take your money? I'm not attacking you or anything, just giving you something to think about. You have to draw the line somewhere. Do you want to be victimized your whole life? That's no way to live, running from people, and their ill intent. Bad people need to be stopped, if you don't stop them, they are just going to do more bad things to other people.

Offline Kalleh

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2015, 07:21:41 AM »
I might be over read, there are diffrent ways to save photos...