Poll

Do you think the government is being honest about how ebola spreads?

Yes, it's only through direct contact with infected bodily fluids to your mucous membranes
No, infected bodily fluids touching you anywhere on your skin can transmit the disease
No, it can survive in large droplets and infect you from up to 3 feet away
No, it can survive in small particles and infect you from up to 6 feet away
No, it can spread from 7+ feet away

Author Topic: Ebola Update  (Read 29906 times)

Deeply

Re: Ebola Update
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2014, 05:48:29 PM »
Sources said Spencer went bowling last night in Williamsburg and took an Uber car to get there and back, 1010 WINS’ Carol D’Auria reported.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/10/23/cbs-2-officials-looking-into-possible-ebola-case-in-new-york-city/

??? Bowling? One week after treating Ebola patients?

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/10/22/ebola-airport-checks-expand-as-health-care-workers-get-training/

The word "idiot" comes to mind, but I have a history of being overly harsh... I'll let you all debate the prudence of his actions.. :-X

Deeply

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2014, 06:08:18 PM »
Via AP ~
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/threat-break-isolation-liberia-food-26399022

Mali Has Become The 6th West African Nation With Ebola

Mali's health minister says the West African country has confirmed its first case of Ebola.

The announcement made on Malian state television Thursday evening by Ousmane Kone said that the patient was a 2-year-old girl who had come from neighboring Guinea.

The child was brought to a hospital in the Malian town of Kayes on Wednesday, and her blood sample tested positive for the virus.

Mali becomes the sixth West African country to report an Ebola case — though nearly all the cases and deaths have occurred in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea.

Senegal and Nigeria had imported cases though both have now been declared Ebola-free.

The World Health Organization says the disease has killed at least 4,877 people and infected 9,936.

Deeply

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2014, 09:10:43 PM »
Doctor in New York tests positive for Ebola

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/23/health/new-york-possible-ebola-case/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

New York (CNN) -- A Doctors Without Borders physician who recently returned to New York from West Africa has tested positive for the Ebola virus, a law enforcement official briefed on the matter told CNN.

Offline SicSemperTyrannis

• Threeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2014, 10:19:42 PM »
??? Bowling?

Wouldn't that be "e-bowling"?

Deeply

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2014, 11:09:12 PM »
??? Bowling?

Wouldn't that be "e-bowling"?

I know that's funny. I'm just not able to laugh right now. The incompetence of just letting people wander around the Country with Ebola is unconscionable. :'(

• Threeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2014, 01:43:20 AM »
You're right.

If this doctor was really going to self-quarantine, what the hell was he doing out taking Uber cars around and sticking his dirty fingers in bowling balls?  He should be in a room out in the countryside for the next 42 days.

There's almost no way to contact trace everyone who's possibly been exposed from him and in a place like New York, this could get out of hand really quickly. 

With the long ass incubation period people won't even think it could be ebola if they come down with flu-like symptoms in two to six weeks.  And then they infect more people, etc.

I said it earlier in this thread and I'll say it again.  I think we are seeing the beginnings of the modern bubonic plague.  If things keep on as they are, a year from now most of the people in the world will have it.  My guess is the NIH, CDC and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will step in when a few thousand people in developed countries have died and offer up a cure they've had all along... and reap huge profits.  Bill Gates would not have spent 565 million dollars to develop a cure for this unless he was going to get his money back.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 01:46:17 AM by SicSemperTyrannis »

• Threeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2014, 02:04:20 AM »
Oh man, just read this snippet
Even as the authorities worked to confirm that Mr. Spencer was infected with Ebola, it emerged that he traveled from Manhattan to Brooklyn on the subway on Wednesday night, when he went to a bowling alley, and then took a taxi home.

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/population-20-million-ebola-confirmed-in-new-york-patient-rode-subway-went-bowling-took-taxies_10232014

Deeply

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2014, 10:42:21 AM »
Is THIS "protocol"? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

NYPD Stunner: Cops Exit Ebola Victim Apartment, Dump Gloves, Masks In Sidewalk Trash Can

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-24/nypd-stunner-cops-exit-ebola-victim-appartment-dump-gloves-masks-sidewalk-trash-can

If there was one theme from last night's Cuomo/De Blasio Ebola press conference it was 'how everyone has been preparing for months' for Ebola. We can all be reassured, right? Wrong! As The Daily Mail reports (and these stunning photos show), the police officers involved in securing Dr. Spencer tossed their gloves, masks and the caution tape used to block off access to his apartment in a public trash can.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Not just any trash can, but one on a public street corner...

Deeply

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2014, 10:45:01 AM »
:'( :'( :'(

Deeply

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2014, 01:59:50 PM »
New York Ebola Press Conference

For some reason it doesn't start until 15:35 (you'll have to fast forward)...

http://www.youtube.com/v/qJpBHVhW-sQ&fs=1

• Threeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2014, 04:28:19 PM »
Wash thyself...

An abstract on ebola forecast...

http://currents.plos.org/outbreaks/article/obk-14-0043-modeling-the-impact-of-interventions-on-an-epidemic-of-ebola-in-sierra-leone-and-liberia/

The deterministic model fit well for both Liberia and Sierra Leone, with the predicted curve of cumulative cases following the reported number of cases in both countries. The end-of-year forecast shows a range of uncertainty for each country of several thousand cases between the most optimistic and pessimistic scenarios. However, the number of cumulative cases is forecast to continue rising extremely rapidly, with the bulk of the epidemic yet to come (Figure 2). This suggests an extremely poor outlook for the course of the epidemic without intensive interventions.

In the baseline end-of-year forecasts for both Sierra Leone and Liberia, person-to-person transmission within the community made up the bulk of transmission events, with a median (IQR: Interquartile Range) of 117,877 (115,100– 120,585) cases arising from the community in the Liberia forecast and 30,611 (29,667 – 31,857) in the forecast for Sierra Leone. Both had fewer hospital transmissions – 21,533 (21,025 – 21,534) in Liberia and 5,474 (5,306 – 5,710) in Sierra Leone, than transmissions arising from funerals – 35,993 (35,163 – 36,789) in Liberia and 9,768 (9,470 – 10,137) in Sierra Leone. For brevity, only the results of the Liberia model are reported below, with the results from Sierra Leone in the electronic supplement. The epidemic trajectories for all modeled interventions may also be found in the Web Material.
http://townhall.com/columnists/joannemoudy/2014/10/24/ebola-protecting-yourself-since-the-government-wont-n1908256

And in Mali/guinea...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/24/world/africa/mali-ebola/

And our nearest star...

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/sunspot-the-size-of-jupiter-firing-off-a-large-number-of-flares_102014

• Threeper
    • View Profile

Merrimack

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2014, 11:30:35 AM »
I don't know how popular this guy is, or if his opinion is seen as a way to get more money to misallocate (??), but here's something to consider, anyway...

Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, the Governor of Rivers State, is sure that a successful fight against Ebola in Nigeria is a lie. He bases his claim on the fact that the Federal Government states that Rivers and Lagos are free of the deadly virus. However, in Amaechi’s opinion, these states are actually hit by Ebola outbreak.
http://www.naij.com/307448-a-successful-fight-against-ebola-in-nigeria-is-a-lie.html

Is Nigeria actually Ebola free now, as the WHO claims? We'll have to see what turns up (or doesn't) over the next few days.

• Threeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2014, 08:33:03 PM »
Has anyone else been hearing rumors of lots of people across the U.S. with ebola symptoms (bleeding out of orifices and high fever) being diagnosed by doctors and then the patients get "disappeared"?  I talked to a family member today and he heard of this happening in Ohio. And I saw on infowars that there was a leak that they had an ebola patient in north or South Carolina but the hospital wouldn't answer yes or no. My gut feeling is that ebola is already here in a much more widespread way than we are being told. And the news is being suppressed because the government is trying to prevent a panic as they make a last ditch effort to buy up as many hazmat suits and stockpile as many MREs as they can before it all goes to shit.

• Threeper
    • View Profile

Offline cujo

• X-treme Master
  • Semper Paratus
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2014, 11:59:59 AM »
Disappearances...

http://www.infowars.com/medical-professional-health-authorities-covering-up-ebola-cases-in-u-s/

http://www.catholic.org/news/politics/story.php?id=57408

Doctor: Health Authorities Covering Up Ebola-Like Cases in U.S.
Exclusive: Patients being "disappeared" to prevent panic

There isn't much talk about it, hardly any at all, but Macomb County Michigan bordering N. Detroit has an  O'bola case.  I was told it was reported Saturday publicly, I was out of town and I didn't find anything on it after returning.

Can you imagine a government that could or would hide details and lie to We the People, shocking!  >:(

Offline alexinathens

• X-treme Master
  • lives in Lalalandia...
    • View Profile
    • Paradise and hell coexist on planet Earth
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2014, 12:27:42 PM »
I know mine does systematically  >:( They haven't even touched the airborn/winter resistant part  >:(

>:( >:( >:(

Meanwhile a few miles away NATO is dropping weapons and/or ammo on Obolaed jihadi$$ts by mistake while the Turks are doing I don't know what?

Now I know why I always liked the Kurds  ;D

The banks just went kaboom and it's Sunday night  :o In 5 days it'll be November.

One more month cheated  8) (God willing...)

Does "obolaed' qualify as a gerund? No. That would be 'obolaing' I know it's bad humor  :-\ It's a verb from the 'to obola'
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 12:39:10 PM by alexinathens »

• Threeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2014, 01:50:04 PM »
10,121 cases x 2.9 (the average underreporting multiplier) = 29,843 cases

This would necessitate 20,890 beds in order to have 70% in hospital beds and bring the pandemic under control.

Currently the U.S. only has a few hundred soldiers in west Africa and the first field hospital isn't even finished and when it opens in a week or two it will only take about 25 people.

By that point we'll be around 50-60,000 cases.

This is utterly out of control.

If you haven't, buy a water filter.  I recommend a sawyer point zero two. It filters 1 million gallons of water. Also recommend a silverfire rocket stove. Portable, burns biomass and charcoal, almost no smoke and higher quality than stovetec. Get some extra n95 masks, nitrile gloves, tyvek body suits, and whatever else you think you might need to bug in for a few months.

http://m.wsj.com/articles/ebola-cases-top-10-000-in-current-outbreak-who-says-1414238153?mobile=y
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 02:23:25 PM by SicSemperTyrannis »

ConsentWithdrawn

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2014, 04:02:42 PM »
If ebola did get to the point of being utterly out of control the death toll would be rising faster than there are people left to bury the dead, this would make large towns and big cities uninhabitable and impassable with typhoid, cholera, salmonella, ecoli...etc running rampant, with no local source of uncontaminated water people would drink whatever was at hand out of sheer thirst driven desperation spreading diseases further.

Such a thing has happened in the past, people of European descent are the descended from the survivors of the great plagues that ravaged Europe from the 14th to the 19th centuries.

If Ebola does get to this point of utterly out of control then those of us who do not have a natural immunity to it are doomed, and some of those who survive will become carriers of it contaminating anyone they come across who isn't immune, yet managed to stay away from heavily infected area's.

Lets hope is doesn't get utterly out of control and they find another method of depopulation in their agenda somewhere.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 04:04:24 PM by ConsentWithdrawn »

• Threeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2014, 10:11:49 AM »
There are families is west Africa where there's only one person left. Often a toddler or infant.

And the number of infections is doubling every 14-21 days.

At its current progression it will be ubiquitous by next September.

Yes, this is out of control.