Author Topic: Doctors Without Borders: "Ebola: Impossible Choices in Liberia"  (Read 989 times)

Offline MarshRabbit

• If learning isn’t fun, you’re doing it wrong.
    • View Profile
Doctors Without Borders: "Ebola: Impossible Choices in Liberia"
« on: October 19, 2014, 07:33:14 AM »
"But given the mounting caseload and the failure of the international community to launch the sort of massive, coordinated response that’s needed to prevent more misery, teams have been forced into the brutal position of having to turn away patients who clearly need care".
http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/news-stories/voice-field/ebola-impossible-choices-liberia

Deeply

Re: Doctors Without Borders: "Ebola: Impossible Choices in Liberia"
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 02:57:14 PM »
international community to launch the sort of massive, coordinated response that’s needed

Maybe I just misread this, but it looks a lot like DWB is helping the propaganda campaign to me.. ::)

My first thought was, 4,000 U.S. troops and calling up the NG/IRR isn't enough?

Maybe a no fly zone would help? ??? ??? ???

In all seriousness though, is seems to me that there is (again, my opinion) only, and only ONE, way to stop the spread of a communicable disease of this magnitude. Quarantine. Period. That is all. I don't give a shit about their immediate economic concerns - those concerns can be dealt with easily in the near future - AFTER the spread of the the disease is stopped. I don't see what's so "inhumane" about that.. Am I wrong? ???