Author Topic: EU militaries working on Ebola response  (Read 1123 times)

Offline MarshRabbit

• If learning isn’t fun, you’re doing it wrong.
    • View Profile

Deeply

Re: EU militaries working on Ebola response
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 07:41:30 PM »
http://www.janes.com/article/44584/eu-militaries-working-on-ebola-response

European Union (EU) officials are reviewing how national militaries across the 28 European member states will support the union's humanitarian and crisis response to West Africa's outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus.

Wow. How super special is that? ???

I posted this exact same response on a different thread. Same goes here.

Maybe I just misread this, but it looks a lot like DWB is helping the propaganda campaign to me.. ::)

My first thought was, 4,000 U.S. troops and calling up the NG/IRR isn't enough?

Maybe a no fly zone would help? ??? ??? ???

In all seriousness though, is seems to me that there is (again, my opinion) only, and only ONE, way to stop the spread of a communicable disease of this magnitude. Quarantine. Period. That is all. I don't give a shit about their immediate economic concerns - those concerns can be dealt with easily in the near future - AFTER the spread of the the disease is stopped. I don't see what's so "inhumane" about that.. Am I wrong? ???

[EDIT] So, how is the military supposed to help, again? ???  I've still not heard ONE logical explanation for why thousands, soon to be tens of thousands - I have no doubt, of COMBAT TROOPS are going help this situation! >:(  The word "humanitarian" can not apply. So, what IS this all about? Maybe is depends on what the definition of IS is? ???
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 07:46:06 PM by Deeply »