Author Topic: "We die of tuberculosis", Korydallos prison inmates tell  (Read 2059 times)

Offline alexinathens

• X-treme Master
  • lives in Lalalandia...
    • View Profile
    • Paradise and hell coexist on planet Earth
"We die of tuberculosis", Korydallos prison inmates tell
« on: October 29, 2014, 05:23:46 AM »
By Thalia Dimou

Tuberculosis is taking its toll at Athens' maximum security Korydallos Prison, inmates have told enikos.gr

“Every month at least two inmates die; five inmates died during the last four months”, an inmate said.

“Yesterday (on Monday), an inmate, called V.F., aged 73, died in my hands”, the inmate says.

“At 4 pm he was not feeling very well. At 5 pm the only doctor in prison called the Emergency Aid. The Emergency Aid never came to the prison to pick him up. The inmate died at 7 pm”, the inmate added.

The inmate also said that when he had to be admitted to a Thessaloniki hospital to undergo surgery, he was made to sleep on the hospital floor.

Another inmate, said that a fellow inmate, D.B., who had a twitter account called “Korydallos Hell”, “died at an Athens hospital a few months ago of tuberculosis, and he contracted the disease inside Korydallos prison”.

"At my wing, 15 inmates take medication for tuberculosis. During the months of July and August we had five cases. At the moment I am at a cell with five other inmates who all have (the disease)”, the inmate said.

"The inmates that contract tuberculosis go to solitary confinment for three months, but when they come back to their cells we do not really know if they have really been cured. We only have one doctor for all inmates who is inexperienced” the inmate says, and he adds: “The conditions inside the prison are tragic. Almost every day we have a tuberculosis case, and every month one or  two inmates die of the disease. Ten minutes before they die, they are rushed to a public hospital in order not to die in prison”.

http://en.enikos.gr/society/18092,EXCLUSIVE_-_We_die_of_tuberculosis_Ko.html

Offline alexinathens

• X-treme Master
  • lives in Lalalandia...
    • View Profile
    • Paradise and hell coexist on planet Earth
Re: "We die of tuberculosis", Korydallos prison inmates tell
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 05:32:10 AM »
I can verify this... Many inmates are behind bars for ridiculous reasons too.

Yours truly had to wait twice behind bars, only to be let go at court. Meaning I could've waited fro trial outside, but nooooooooooo.

If this isn't state terrorism, I don't know what is.

If they do me a third time, at least I know how to inform the (prison) population about certain realities, plus I get to be there an "welcome" the batch of current politicians  :)

...should it happen  ???