Author Topic: Michigan, Monitors 8, Obola!  (Read 2502 times)

Offline cujo

• X-treme Master
  • Semper Paratus
    • View Profile
Michigan, Monitors 8, Obola!
« on: October 29, 2014, 07:06:23 AM »
Just reported, Michigan is monitoring 8 people for Obola.  It is said they are spread out over several counties and the locations are being kept from the public! 

What, we don't have the right to know what counties, we don't have the right to know so we can take precautions to avoid the areas?

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/metro-state/2014/10/28/michigan-monitors-ebola-virus/18092385/

Offline froderik

• View Profile
Re: Michigan, Monitors 8, Obola!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 08:47:32 AM »
What is "Obola"?

Offline cujo

• X-treme Master
  • Semper Paratus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 08:58:58 AM »
Ebola, the internet started to refer to Ebola as Obola, as in this is Obama's baby as to his decisions on handling it here in the states.  Then the term Obama accelerated when the Left called Obola a racist term, the word Obola became even more popular. 

Offline froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 09:09:15 AM »
everything is racist... where is a puking emoticon?

Merrimack

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 11:22:12 AM »
Here's something like a party-approved view on why it is "racist" http://www.vocativ.com/usa/us-politics/obola-ebola-obama/

If they keep misusing the word, eventually the definition will change. That's one of the problems of an 'evolving' English language.

Offline cujo

• X-treme Master
  • Semper Paratus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 12:31:10 PM »
Contacted my State Representatives office this morning, after two hours his office called me back.  They could not give out the counties these 8 people are in.  Their reasoning was the patients names are confidential and since they are only being monitored there is no need to create hysteria in the state.

The Michigan Department of health also said, now get this, that these eight people were never in contact with the Obola Disease and do not have it, they are taking precautions because they showed symptoms.

My question to my Rep's office was, if they were never exposed to Obola are they now monitoring everyone who has a temp do to the flu or other illness?  What is going to happen when the flu strikes hundreds of thousands in Michigan, monitor them all?

There was no need to argue with the staffer, she was helpful but she is only the messenger,  She did say she will up date me if the situation changes.

Merrimack

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 04:11:48 PM »
CBS Detroit says that 10 people are being monitored now.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/10/29/michigan-health-officials-monitoring-10-people-for-possible-ebola-exposure/

Bit by bit, this will be disseminated as a news story, I would guess. Maybe before too long someone will grease the palm of one of the health workers and everybody will get some information...

Offline cujo

• X-treme Master
  • Semper Paratus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 05:31:43 AM »
Just caught this at 0430 this morning, it went from 8 to 10.  The story changed from these individuals were never exposed to Ebola, to, they were in W. Africa.  This is the problem, lies and holding back the truth!