Author Topic: Report: New Gov Regulations Will Ban “Common AR-15″ Ammunition  (Read 4861 times)

Deeply

Report: New Gov Regulations Will Ban “Common AR-15″ Ammunition

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/report-new-gov-regulations-will-ban-common-ar-15-ammunition_022015
From the Daily Sheeple
February 14th, 2015

In a move clearly intended by the Obama Administration to suppress the acquisition, ownership and use of AR-15s and other .223 caliber general purpose rifles, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives unexpectedly announced today that it intends to ban commonplace M855 ball ammunition as “armor piercing ammunition.” The decision continues Obama’s use of his executive authority to impose gun control restrictions and bypass Congress.

It isn’t even the third week of February, and the BATFE has already taken three major executive actions on gun control. First, it was a major change

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150109/batfe-rings-in-the-new-year-with-more-executive-gun-control

to what activities constitute regulated “manufacturing” of firearms. Next, BATFE reversed

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150116/another-week-another-executive-gun-control-action-batfe-reverses-prior-position-on-pistol-stabilizing-braces

a less than year old position on firing a shouldered “pistol.” Now, BATFE has released a“Framework for Determining Whether Certain Projectiles are ‘Primarily Intended for Sporting Purposes’ Within the Meaning of 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(17)(c)”,

http://www.atf.gov/sites/default/files/assets/Library/Notices/atf_framework_for_determining_whether_certain_projectiles_are_primarily_intended_for_sporting_purposes.pdf

which would eliminate M855’s exemption to the armor piercing ammunition prohibition and make future exemptions nearly impossible.

Read the rest of the story from the Daily Sheeple at:
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/report-new-gov-regulations-will-ban-common-ar-15-ammunition_022015

Disclaimer: www.x22report.com/disclaimer

Offline cujo

• X-treme Master
  • Semper Paratus
    • View Profile
Re: Report: New Gov Regulations Will Ban “Common AR-15″ Ammunition
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 11:28:19 AM »
"Though Shall not be Restricted", how many times have we heard this with every gun restriction law pushed or passed.  Cut to the chase, it's time to disobey any UN Constitutional laws, in mass!

OK, it's easier said than done, that is nothing but an excuse for people not to attend any 2nd Amendment rallies or to stand up for what people believe in.  Last weekend in Washington State, under the threat of arrest Oath Keepers and 2ND A supporters went there open carrying under the threat of arrest.  This is an example when I say, it's time to disobey any UN Constitutional laws, in mass!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 11:39:44 AM by cujo »

Deeply

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 11:35:34 AM »
For those not familiar, M855 is commonly referred to as "green tip". Here's a picture:

It's probably the most common AR15 round, although I can't confirm that suspicion. As an aside, there are still plenty of AR15 rounds that do not have steel tips, and won't be affected by this proposed "rule."

Offline cujo

• X-treme Master
  • Semper Paratus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 11:43:01 AM »
This is when you hear me admitting, I support going Green!

Deeply

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 11:45:37 AM »
This is when you hear me admitting, I support going Green!

;D ;D ;D

Another note ~

This is why the BATFE is saying these rounds are made for "pistols"...

It's my opinion that these pistols (basically designed to fire a riffle round) will soon be illegal as well. Just more speculation on my part, but these government "officials" are Bat Shit Crazy, so nothing should be counted out IMHO..

Offline cujo

• X-treme Master
  • Semper Paratus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 09:23:43 PM »
On a serious note, did CA pass the law forbidding owning Body Armor?  I know Congress has a similar bill in committee, now the attempt to stop Imports of 62gr Green Tips.

To me this sounds like some one is attempting to tie up some loose ends before show time, yea that sound silly or something a conspiracy nut would think.

FloydPink

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 12:02:37 AM »
Why just AR-15 green tip ammo? The 7.62x54r surplus ammo is steel core armor piercing rounds, its much bigger and powerful than an AR-15 round and they aren't attempting to ban that stuff. You should see the stuff that round can do.

Offline M. Porcius Cato

• vera dico sed neqviqvam qvoniam non vis credere
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 05:23:18 AM »
Why just AR-15 green tip ammo? The 7.62x54r surplus ammo is steel core armor piercing rounds, its much bigger and powerful than an AR-15 round and they aren't attempting to ban that stuff. You should see the stuff that round can do.

it has nothing to do with what it can pierce, rather see Deeply's post about "pistols" for the reason they are banning them. The governments both state and federal have been on a crusade lately against short barrel riffles and short barrel shotguns with those terms being very broadly defined by regulators.

Offline werewolfslovesilver

• if your not a sniper your just a target
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 08:22:50 PM »

Oh how I love the 7.62x54!! 

FloydPink

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 11:41:35 PM »
More like if it makes a popping sound they are going to ban it.

So much for the "going green" initiative.