Author Topic: HE (Christ) commands swords but with responsibility.  (Read 12635 times)

Offline dannavy85

• View Profile
HE (Christ) commands swords but with responsibility.
« on: October 04, 2015, 04:26:31 PM »
        This series is called “Christian Self Defense, the biblical justification for weapons and force.” Perhaps a timely review given the state of the United States, the world and the growing states of disorder. There is a clear justification given by God for the Christian to have defensive arms.

Part one is the premise of pacifism and the classical view as to why the Christian has no right to self defense. We should give equal recognition to those who are in dissent. Prominently among Christians are the Amish and American Mennonites who are absolute pacifists.

Then of course there are the false Christians like the Mormons and the Jehovah Witnesses and the complete cultists like the Buddhists who are also absolute pacifists.

Now the absolute pacifists point to such passages as…

Exodus 20:13….”Thou shalt not kill.”

Romans 12:17-18…”Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. {12:18} If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.”

Romans 12:19-21…” Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. {12:20} Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. {12:21} Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Matthew 5:9…” Blessed [are] the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.”

Now to be fair to the true Christians who refuse to have arms, stand against war and demand the end to weapons, nukes...God bless them, at least they are with the Lord in their honest truth, let us love them for their stand. Any Christian who does NOT want the end of war and the war industry on the planet is mad and any Christian who endorses the war industry in the name of say….the God blessed United States? I refuse to call them Christians. We will get more into God and national arms later in the series.

With respect however to the absolute pacifist, I must find some disagreement with their belief that the Christian can not have arms, can not defend themselves and do not have the right to the use of deadly force. Both the old and the new testament gives more than enough justification, be that weighted by specific allowances, for the carry of arms.

Let us go back to the most basic commandment given to us by God….”Thou SHALT not KILL.”

Life is precious to God for we are made in his image and his likeness (Genesis 1: 27, 2:7) all through the old and new testament God proclaims his love for those who love him and love for the wicked; that they shall turn from their ways and come to him. The life of the family is equally as precious as the robber breaking through the window and how can we deny that God’s hope for the wicked would not continue to cry out to the last second?

With life being so precious to God; was it any wonder that he never specified the exact weapon Cain used to murder Abel? Most of the time he is depicted as using a rock but the weapon doesn’t matter as much as the act. You also notice that God did not take Cain’s life but marked Cain to prevent reprisal killings. This speaks volumes as to how God views “Thou shalt not kill.”

You SHALL not KILL the innocent life….but…. and… you SHALL not KILL in REPRISAL! Why do you think God said…”Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.”

God has set up very strict and very exacting rules, laws and requirements as to whom can use weapons and deadly force and under what conditions and reprisal is not one of them.

Note the video above. The man being led through the airport by police was arrested after taking a boy from California to Virginia and brutally raping him. His father shot the man in the head. Some may think the father was right but in the eyes of God? He is an unrepentant murderer who avenged himself in a selfish act of reprisal. As sick and grotesque as the man was, the father had no right to take the man’s life. The father has no authority granted him by God and we will go further into this later in the series.

Part two next: The garden and two swords.

Offline dannavy85

• View Profile
Re: HE (Christ) commands swords but with responsibility.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 04:26:56 PM »
        This series is called “Christian Self Defense, the biblical justification for weapons and force.” Perhaps a timely review given the state of the United States, the world and the growing states of disorder. There is a clear justification given by God for the Christian to have defensive arms.

Part two is called “The Garden and two swords.”
It refutes the beliefs of the absolute pacifists that Christians can not have arms nor use deadly force to protect themselves. There are four places in the gospels which speak of the use of swords during the capture of Christ by the officers of the high priests…

Matthew 26:51-56
Mark 14:47-52
Luke 22:49-53
John 18:10-13

In these passages we see that Peter (petros, the pebble, so the pope is a wicked liar from hell) uses one of the two swords Christ commanded the apostles to have. Christ gives this command in…

Luke 22:35-38….

“And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. {22:36} Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take [it,] and likewise [his] scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. {22:37} For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end. {22:38} And they said, Lord, behold, here [are] two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.”

Now to show how the nature of things had changed between Christ before the command and afterwards, we must bring forth proper perspective. We go back to three places in scripture…

Matthew 10:9-10
Mark 6:8-9
Luke 9:3

Let us look at Matthew 10:9-10…

“ And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. {10:8} Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. {10:9} Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, {10:10} Nor scrip for [your] journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.”

Christ tells the disciples to go preach, heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils. What then does he tell them?

Have no gold or silver in your purse.
Have no food in your bag. (A scrip was normally a bag for carrying food and items)
No inner or outer coats, shoes.
No Staves.

A stave at that time was a whittled straight branch from a tree, a typical walking stick for rough hills or a pole for hanging food off the ground away from animals. It was also a weapon. If you ever read Robin Hood, most of the merry men were woodsmen who carried and could use staves as striking weapons.

What does it mean to provide? Take no measures beforehand. Why is Christ sending the apostles out in this condition? No food, no coats, no staves? It is a matter of trust. They must trust in God that their needs will be met and not in themselves. We tend to forget that while Christ was in the world, and during his three years of ministry, there were very few armed conflicts among men. Of course there was the dominance of Rome during that time but while Christ was present on the earth, the apostles were not in any serious danger. There is also another aspect to consider; that of Matthew 10:26…

“Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.”

This passage not only refers to the “hostilents” who are against Christ but it can also refer to why Christ is sending the apostles out with provision. People would see the unvarnished and uncovered truth of the Word of God through the apostles words and through their physical condition. As they had nothing to hide and no fear to present.

Next in part 3: Be ye wise as serpents.

Offline dannavy85

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 04:27:21 PM »

Part three is called “Be wise as serpents.”

Matthew 10:16…”{10:16} Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. {10:17} But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues.”

Though Christ was sending the apostles out without provisions at a time where they would not face any real serious threat to their lives; Christ did not send them out completely blind. Remember how Christ answered satan when he tempted him to throw himself from the Great Stowa (pinnacle) of the temple mount…

“Thou SHALL NOT tempt (put to test) the Lord thy God.”

As Christians, we are not told to “Be wise as serpents” for nothing. Even the serpent knows when to move and when to hide. When to sit upon the rocks and gather sun and when not to go forth. In these times, we are among wolves (John 15; the world hates Christ) and we must be aware and take wise caution. We should not go where it’s not safe, we should not tempt in unsafe treading. We are to act and react with wise prudence.

So where did the nature of defense change? At what point in scripture did Christ authorize the Christian’s right to armed defense? Turn to Luke 22:35-38 which is before Christ goes to the garden of Gethsemane.

“ And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. {22:36} Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take [it,] and likewise [his] scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. {22:37} For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end. {22:38} And they said, Lord, behold, here [are] two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.”

Christ reminds the apostles of Matt 10, Mark 6 and Luke 9. “Did the apostles lack anything” when Christ sent them forth?

“Nothing” they replied. They were of no want for all their needs were provided for by God and Christ was on the Earth. Now he has radically altered the situation in Luke 22:36…

“Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take [it,] and likewise [his] scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.”

Christ then speaks to remind them of what Isaiah spoke in Isaiah 53:12…

“Therefore will I divide him [a portion] with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.”

Luke 22:37…”For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.”

The disciples present the Lord with two swords and Christ responds “It is enough.”

What did Christ mean by “It is enough?” The word “It” (pronoun) means “ That one used of a lifeless thing or abstract entity. “It” is also an anticipatory subject. Anticipation meaning “looking forwards”.

This can only mean two views…

Christ was preparing the disciples for his eventual crucifixion and departure and that two swords among them would be enough.

2. Christ was saying that two swords would be enough among the company of men.

Next part: An observation/commentary of Luke 22:38

Offline dannavy85

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 04:27:48 PM »

Part four is called “Commentary of Luke 22:38.”

“{22:38} And they said, Lord, behold, here [are] two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.”

First we must look at what Christ said to Pontius Pilate when he was asked if he was an “earthly” King.

John 18:33…” Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews? {18:34} Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me? {18:35} Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done? {18:36} Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. {18:37} Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth.”

Christ made it very clear at that point in time that “This world” is NOT HIS KINGDOM…”Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.”

Had “This world” been HIS KINGDOM, do you think he could have been so easily taken? What did Christ tell peter?
 Matthew 26:53…”Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?”

Had “this world” been HIS KINGDOM, those who would have dared to take him would have been cut down. But to this Christ says…” But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?”

Remember John Chapter 15…”This world” hates Christ. Revelations 13….”This world” shall worship the anti-christ. Revelations 19, Christ will come to ESTABLISH HIS KINGDOM and will destroy “This world” and “his (satan’s) kingdom.

Christ will establish HIS KINGDOM and PEACE by his agency, it will NEVER COME by man’s weapons nor his hands nor his wicked agencies, such as the wicked, filthy, murderous false church of rome or the damned luciferian worshiping United Nations..may that white dress wearing filthy usurper and his followers burn in hell if they do not repent!

It is satan, the murderer, the usurper, the killer, the deceiver who will use human agencies, human weapons and unrepenting wicked vermins to establish his Christ hating, Christian murdering temporary kingdom on the earth. And those who follow him will kill in his name for his glory and they will die.

Christ commanded Christians to be armed for defense in his absence because sooner or later satan will unleash every form of hell he can bring forth to sweep the earth clean of Christians and Jews. By telling the Apostles that two swords were sufficient; Christ placed a limit on the earthly created power Christians could use and the specific ordinances and laws upon which weapons could be used for defense.

When we hear popes, presidents, kings and earthly leaders claiming they’re doing warfare in the name of God, that is a mouth of blasphemy speaking satanic lies. God does NOT sanction aggressive war in his name. There may be wars of defense which require an amount of force to ensure the ceasing of aggression but war of murdering aggression under the excuse of Christ…..is satanic butchery and the catholic abomination, that Babylonian harlot of rome is dripping with hundreds of years worth of bloody murder and billions of lives.

In the end however, there is no doubt that the Christian has the right and the authority of scripture to armed defense in a world that is hostile to Christ and will grow even more hostile as the years progress.

Part 5 next: Scriptural guides to self defense, the world hates Christ. 

Offline dannavy85

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 04:28:15 PM »

Part 5: The scriptural guides for self defense; the world hates Christ.

We must lay the conditions of the present world. What is it about the world today that would justify having the means laid by Christ in Luke 22 for defense?

We must understand clearly that “this world” is not God’s kingdom, it is satans. Christ made that clear when he spoke to Pilate and he made that clear to satan during the temptations when satan showed him all the kingdoms of the world. “All shall be yours if you will but worship me.”

Romans 1 is as much to nations as it is to people. Proverbs 30, Ezekiel 16, Genesis 19 speaks of the present of America as much as to Sodom or the state of fallen men. America itself is wicked and hostile and growing more and more violent and hostile with each passing day.

Romans 12, Paul calls for us to “as much as lies within you, live peacefully with all men.” Paul writes of the expectation that true peace in “this world” by man and “his agencies” is not going to happen. We will do what we can to live peacefully but when a limit has been crossed, we are not expected to sit by and be pacifists or targets.

II Timothy 3:1-17…”This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. {3:2} For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy.”
        II Peter 2…” But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.”

Genesis 19...The wickedness of sodomites and the complete wickedness of the plains of Sodom. We see it again in our time.

Genesis 6….”For the imaginations of his heart were only evil continually.”

I, II and III John…”  Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. {4:2} Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: {4:3} And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist.”

Revelations 13….”All the world shall worship the beast.”

I Thessalonians 5…” For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. {5:4} But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.”

The condition of the world is obvious; it opposes and hates Christ. The world will get worse and the Christian has the right to defend himself, his family and his church to proclaim the gospel. There is no right to go forth and bring war to “establish” God’s kingdom or advance the gospel; this is a lie of satan. The way and course of this world gives the Christian the right to defensive arms against assault.

Now that we have defined the world condition; what in scripture defines the wrongful use of force?

Next Part: Peter pulls a weapon….wrong move.

Offline dannavy85

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 04:28:43 PM »

Part 6: Peter pulls a weapon….wrong move.

We now fall back to the event in the garden; the taking of Christ by the officials in Matthew 26, Mark 14, Luke 22 and John 18…

Those coming to seize the savior came armed for a fight. Matthew 26:47, Mark 14:43, Luke 22:47 and John 18:3….

“And while he yet spake, lo, Judas, one of the twelve, came, and with him a great multitude with swords and staves, from the chief priests and elders of the people.”

The officials expected Jesus and his followers to fight them, this wasn’t the first time they had to deal with “rebel rousers” out to change the order of things and the “rebel rousers” always put up a fight. Such a reaction would benefit the officials propaganda against Christ.

Now how many times in the four gospels did Christ tell the apostles that this event had to be? His arrest and eventual crucifixion could not be stopped.

14 times in the four gospels did Christ tell them this.
Mark 14:27-28…

“And Jesus saith unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered. {14:28} But after that I am risen, I will go before you into Galilee.”

And where did this passage come from? Zechariah 13:7…” Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man [that is] my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered.”

It is clear that the disciples knew well that the event of Christ to be taken and crucified would and must happen; it could not be prevented. So why did Peter make such a poor choice in drawing his sword? The order of events between the four gospels is such…

Judas the betrayer, with a company of armed soldiers and officers, came to Gethsemane to arrest Christ. Now Judas was with Jesus when he told the disciples to purchase swords; why else would the soldiers and officers come armed? They expected a fight.

This event is also clear evidence that the white bearded Euro-Catholic Jesus and the African black Jesus are lies from the pit of hell. Why did the officers need Judas? Because they didn’t know what Jesus looked like! Is there any wonder why Christ had to ask them “Who seek yee?” three times and why he replied “I AM HE.” three times?

Knowing Christ was about to be taken; his apostles asked him “Lord; shall we smite with the sword?” Of course this phrase could be taken in two ways…

There was but one sword present of the two.

It was a general statement to pull and use both swords.

Does Peter wait for an answer? Among all the apostles, Peter is both full of pride as well as being unsteady. He doesn’t wait for the Lord to answer, he draws his weapon and takes off the ear of Malchus (Mel-cuss) now do you think the soldiers and the officers just stood there like a bunch of rocks? Peter’s action was a sudden and swift escalation of violence that put everyone in danger; it was reckless, needless and foolish. But...since Christ was present, no further violence would befall anyone. Christ turned to the apostles and said “Suffer ye thus far.” putting an end to further violence and restores Malcus’s ear because Malcus was the innocent victim of an unprovoked and wrongheaded use of force.

Christ then turns to Peter in a rebuke. “Put away the sword unto its sheath; for all who take up the sword will perish by the sword.” Christ then tells the apostles “The cup which my father hath given me, shall I not drink it?” Christ reminds them that he could call down legions of angels and they would tear the officers and soldiers to shreds as his very lips on the day he returns to the Mount of Olivet will tear his enemies to shreds. Christ was fully God and fully man and he could have done that but then how would the purpose of his coming be accomplished?

The “pick up the sword, die by the sword.” once again shows the definite consequence of advancing the gospel by violence, the very thing that makes the catholic cult a sickening abomination that damns all its congregants to a burning hellfire.

Next part: Was Peter’s actions justified?

Offline dannavy85

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 04:29:07 PM »

Part 7: Was Peter’s action justified?

Matthew 26:51….” And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out [his] hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest’s, and smote off his ear. {26:52} Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.”

Peter’s drawing of his sword (notice only one of two known to have been with the disciples) was a rash and unwise act of selfish provocation; especially after all the points of scripture where Christ said this event MUST happen. Peter’s drawing of a sword played right into the hands of the chief priests and place everyone in danger. It was a clear lack of judgment and trust in God.

Peter’s action clearly shows one of the improper uses of weapons. Irrational and irresponsible reaction where the threat was non-existent. In fact, Peter displays his pride in Matthew 26:33-35. He was the only person in the garden to pull a weapon and lash out; which created a threat and justification for a counterstrike, which Christ by his presence prevented. Ordering Peter to restore his weapon to a peaceful posture was a rebuke upon him.

What do we glean so far from the scriptures?

The Christian HAS THE RIGHT to defend life with weapons; but that defense is the last resort which does not eclipse sound judgment and prudent precautions.

The Kingdom of God to come upon man SHALL NEVER come by human agency or man’s weapons. The anti-christ will establish his pathetic last days kingdom of abomination by human agency through man’s weapons (Revelations 13) Being not “all powerful” nor “all knowing” satan needs wretched and sin laden men to aid his kingdom in “this world” of which satan is the god. Christ made this clear before Pilote…

“If this were my Kingdom, my servants would fly to defend me.”

Be not fooled...no King, no President, no filthy pope of rome, no wicked imam of islam, no leader of the mormons, no jehovah witness nor leader of Israel who calls war in the name of God is anything of God; he is a wicked devil from the pit of hell. The catholic crusades were not in god’s name but in the name of satan, murdering thugs of hell marching to slaughter innocent people in the name of the usurper papal bastard...may the pope rot in hell with his unrepenting congregants.

I agree with those who hate weapons, who hate war, who swore as they interpret the scriptures to deny weapons and means of taking life. So long as the Amish people praise God, believe in the salvation, fight sin, accept the savior and strive to live righteously? God bless them! However in respect they are wrong as to banish all weapons and claim Christians have no right to self-defense to preserve life.

In the next part we will get even more specific into how scripture justifies and strictly adjudicates the use of weapons and lethal force.

Next part 8: The Christian right to use lethal force. 

Offline dannavy85

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 04:29:32 PM »

Part 8: The Christian right to use lethal force.

The aspects of defensive force are…

Personal
Others and Church
Defense against mad government.

The first aspect we will examine is that of personal defense. Now the most common scripture used against personal defense with weapons comes from Matthew 5:38-39….

“ Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: {5:39} But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.”

It IS ALWAYS important to read scripture carefully with respect too…

Who is speaking.
To whom is being spoken to.
Whom is being spoken about.
Person, Place, Thing and time.

Always remember II Tomothy 3:16-17…” All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: {3:17} That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.”

All scripture means we must go beyond parts and pieces of what is said and diligently search the scriptures for proper understanding. The common translation of this verse by the pacifists is this…

“If a man punches you, you do not punch back. If a man pulls a gun, you don’t fight back. If a man intends to break into your house to steal something, you don’t interfere.”

That would be the common understanding, even die hard left wing “peace activists” who are not Christians misquote scripture. Let us break down Matthew 5:38-39 by first understanding who Christ is speaking too…

Matthew 5:1, Christ is speaking to the multitudes gathered on a mountain, the “Sermon on the Mount”

“Yee have heard it said” Christ speaks this over and over to the multitudes. This is a “delineation” phrase, a separation between what is truly biblical and what is not. There is “It is written” and then there is “You have heard it said.” When Christ speaks “Yee have heard it said.” he is separating what the Rabbis, scribes and Pharisee claim and spoken as so and what God says IS SO.

“An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.” is from Exodus 21:24, Leviticus 24:20 and Deuteronomy 19:21.

The common use of Matthew 5:38-39 is a typical case of reading partial scripture and having no understanding of the whole meaning. In you intend to quote Exodus 21:24…

“Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot”

Then you quote the entirety of Exodus 21 and understand the entire meaning of scripture…

“ {21:22} If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart [from her,] and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman’s husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges [determine. ]{21:23} And if [any] mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life, {21:24} Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, {21:25} Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.”

No mischief follow. If men are striving (working) and they hurt a woman with child so that she loses the child and NO MISCHIEF FOLLOWS….what is mischief?

Mischief is willful causation, an intent to injure, an act of desired purpose to cause injury, harm or damage.

Those involved in the accident are brought up on charges by the husband and brought before the judge and they will pay recompense. If it was found that their actions were with willful (mischief) then they are subject to death or equal to the injury that was caused as the judges determine.

What was happening when Christ spoke this statement was that the rabbis, scribes and Pharisees were perverting the law and giving the right of retribution and revenge for any and all offenses where it was square set against God’s authority. We saw this most evidence in John 8 where they, the leaders,  wanted to stone the adulterous woman and broke over 13 laws to achieve their aims. Christ preached to restore the law’s original meaning…

“{5:38} Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: {5:39} But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. {5:40} And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have [thy] cloke also. {5:41} And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. {5:42} Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.”

Next part 9: There are judges for their purposes, not your own.

Offline dannavy85

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 04:29:53 PM »

Part 9: There are judges for their purposes and not yours.

Going back to Matthew 5; Christ makes it clear that insults, curses and offenses which do not threaten life, do not justify a deadly use of force nor a retaliation in kind. If anything...where no threat to life exists, the Christian must work to defuse the situation, de-escalate potentials for violence and take the high moral ground of stability. In the absence of a threat; the Christian must lead in resolving conflict.

Christ also affirms the authority of judges, proper judges, to adjudicate more serious offenses from non-physical offenses. Thus there are no excuses for “eye for an eye.” justice as man has wrongly defined it.

Matthew 5:37….” But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.” The Christian must be honest in speech and direct, hiding nothing and leaving nothing to be questioned.

Matthew 5:39…” But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.” Do not answer curses and minor altercations with escalation of force.

Matthew 5:40…”And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have [thy] cloke also.” Christ affirms the authority of the court and judges to adjudicate confrontations and situations where injuries and pain are inflicted by irresponsibility or neglect. Christ commands the Christian that if he is told by the courts to pay recompense, that he should pay more than recompense to win over his brother.

Matthew 5:41-44…”And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. {5:42} Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. {5:43} Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. {5:44} But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.”

Once again Christ calls the Christian to take the moral lead to de-escalate conflict. Reason and find resolution between you and your brother, bear no malice, hold no grudge, keep all life in thought as sacred. So...what scriptually justifies armed defense?

We go to Matthew 5: 17-18…” {5:17} Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. {5:18} For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.”

Who is the law made for? 1 Timothy 1:8…”But we know that the law [is] good, if a man use it lawfully; {1:9} Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, {1:10} For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; {1:11} According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.”

The law is good if a man uses it lawfully. The law is made not for the righteous but for the lawless and the disobedient. And that law includes the ten commandments and the laws passed from God to Moses to the children of Israel and preserved not destroyed by our Savior Jesus Christ. And what does Christ say about killing?

Matthew 5:21…”Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: {5:22} But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.”

What anger has no cause but the anger of murder? Did not Cain murder his brother in pride, rage and anger? You can not kill and murder the innocent without anger, this is what separates killing by defense and killing by cold blooded murder. God delineates the authority of force very clearly.

Next part 10: God’s explicit allowances for self defense.   

Offline dannavy85

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2015, 04:30:20 PM »

part 10: God’s explicit allowances for self defense.   

First we understand that Christ did not come to destroy the law (Matthew 5:17-18) but to fulfill the prophets. Which means the law remains for the disobedient, the criminal, the rebellious, the backbiters, the haters of God.

When Christ speaks of anger (Matthew 5:22) he identifies clearly that violence is anger, the intent to harm and kill your brother IS anger. This goes back to the first murder; Cain killed Abel from sin, from pride, with anger. The intent to move beyond insults and curses and minor altercation to bodily injury and deadly force with malice is anger.

God is clear in his scriptures where he separates murder in anger, death caused by accident and killing in the defense of life…

Exodus 21:12...He that smiteth a man, so that he die, shall be surely put to death.”

To smite a man with intent to kill him can not be done without anger. This also validates the cause of the death penalty and the concept of swift justice...which makes the American prison system a crime against God. If you take a life and you are found guilty….you should die.

Exodus 21:13….” And if a man lie not in wait, but God deliver [him] into his hand; then I will appoint thee a place whither he shall flee.” If it was not your intent to kill, if you had not planned to take a life but because of your actions a life was taken...then you are not guilty and God has ordered a place be set aside for you to escape and live so that you will be protected from unjust retaliation and illegal personal retributions.

Exodus 21:14…” But if a man come presumptuously upon his neighbour, to slay him with guile; thou shalt take him from mine altar, that he may die.”

If a man comes with false authority to slay another man with deceit, craftiness and cunning, take him from the altar of God that he may die. If a man comes under a guise, a ruse and pulls a weapon? You have a right to defend your life or the life of another under such threat; you have the right to exercise deadly force.

Exodus 21:15….”If a man kills his mother or father? He shall be killed.

Exodus 21:17….”If a man curse his mother or father? he shall die. This also applies to how a man lives, if a man dishonors and brings curses upon his parents, he shall indeed die for such a man is obviously Romans 1 and Romans 6:23….he lives in sin and he is dead from Christ.

Exodus 21:18-19…”And if men strive together, and one smite another with a stone, or with [his] fist, and he die not, but keepeth [his] bed: {21:19} If he rise again, and walk abroad upon his staff, then shall he that smote [him] be quit: only he shall pay [for] the loss of his time, and shall cause [him] to be thoroughly healed.”

If a man injure another man and that man live then his life and health shall be cared for by the man who caused the injury. There is no death penalty in this case because the striving is in the case of work where sin and anger caused an unprovoked act of rage which was not an intention to kill. In this case there shall be an act of compensation and repentance for the wrong doing.

If death was caused by accident without malice or intention…Joshua 20:1-9 and Deuteronomy 19:1-21 speaks of sanctuary cities where the innocent person may go to be protected from unlawful retaliation and unjust retribution until he is cleared.

Deuteronomy 17:6 speaks of the number of witnesses required to justify a death sentence…

“At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; [but] at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death. {17:7} The hands of the witnesses shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterward the hands of all the people. So thou shalt put the evil away from among you.”

Of course Christ reaffirmed this law in John 8 when he saved the adultering woman by discrediting the false witnesses against the woman.

In the next part we will in short examine the Christian and defense of the home and family. What you should do, what you can do and what you can’t.

Offline dannavy85

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2015, 04:31:00 PM »

part 11: The Christian, weapons and home defense.

I believe I’ve provided enough proof from scripture that disproves the beliefs of the total pacifists. The Christian has the right of self defense and God has clearly allowed the right of Christians to self defense.

I believe also, that the Christian...especially the males of a family and the husband...are commanded by God to defend home and family, preserve life and be responsible enough to know that the use of a deadly force weapon must be the absolute last resort after all attempts to preserve life have failed.

Sadly, bearing in mind the lethality of firearms, you can not put your trust in warning shots, you can not put your faith in wounding shots. If you intend to unleash the lethality of firearms...your bullets must fly true, center of mass, until the threat has been stopped or the threat has been removed.

Guns are an enormous responsibility requiring a soberness and understanding that is profound. If the thought of having to take a human life does not produce in you fear, loathing and sadness...you do not deserve to have a gun.

A question?....how many times is the word “Discern” mentioned in the scriptures? Discernment means “Discover with eyes and mind.”

Discernment appears six times in 1 Kings 3:11, Eccles 8:5, Luke 12:56, 1 Cor 2:14, 1 Cor 2:14, 1 Cor 12:10 and Hebrews 4:12.
     As a Christian, our eyes are wide open and our minds are sharpened. We no longer live in the “bubble” many of the lost are trapped in like...television, movies, filth, garbage...we see the world for what it truly is and not the Disney lie created by satan and his co-horts in man.

I’ll say this simply….with great discernment thanks to the Word of God, the chances you may ever have to use a gun to defend your home are almost none. I say “almost” because eventually, given the world’s progression to hell, you will have to use that weapon. Let’s not kid ourselves...this world is moving swiftly towards Revelation 13.

The discernment, that additional sensory heightening released now that you’re no longer stupid like the lost people about you, will tell you where you should live, who you should be friendly with, what precautions to take and what to do when things go from zero to nuclear in a second.

You want to prevent having to use a gun at home? Request the local police to survey your house and get a dog. Now I have a huge, well trained German Shepherd but you don’t need a “furry Panzer tank with teeth” you just need a dog. What better defends the sheep than a good sheep dog?

If you’re a diligent Christian, especially if you’re a father and husband, you’ll be well aware of what’s going on in your town, your city, your country and the world. You’ll be aware of crime rates, the police blotter, where your kids go, who’s talking to your wife, basically you’ll be putting the CIA, the NSA, the FBI, the Secret Service and Homeland Security to shame when it come to gathering and discerning intelligence. My currently lost wife has called me “nazi” on more than one occasion? I don’t care.

We have three simple signs around our house. “German Shepherd lives here.” “Armed household” and “There are too many things in here that will kill you.” My wife is trained, I am trained. We practice over and over what to do, how to do it and when to do it. How to clear a jammed pistol, how to shoot in retreat, how to cover with shotguns and pistols and what to do if...God please ….we must shoot someone.

It would be a strange way to spread the gospel but I’ve even woven some limited message of salvation into warning potential predators like “God does not want you to die here.” “Christ wants you to surrender, you life is not worth losing.”

Let’s say the worst does happen and I did have to shoot some intruder. Would I try to then save his life? If the conditions permitted, if I could disarm the intruder? Yes. I’ve heard many Christians say they would allow the person to bleed out….what kind of Christian are they?

ALL life is precious to God….ALL human life is worthy. God DOES NOT want the wicked to die and it being our mission here to save? If the opportunity came to give the gospel and save one life that from such would come the salvation of one more person, then yes I would try to save that intruders life.

The bottom line is...A true Christian will be such that until the day when weapons are truly needed, they will sit in a safe, a lock box or without a magazine in some corner and gather dust until they fall apart from non-use. Our trust will be in our God and in the discernment he has grown within us rather than the weapons forged by man.

Next part 12: Defending the Church. Guns in the pews and Wyatt Earp behind the pulpit?

Offline dannavy85

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2015, 04:31:27 PM »

Next part 12: Defending the Church. Guns in the pews and Wyatt Earp behind the pulpit?

“Nuns with guns.” Hilarious. Nothing makes me feel safer than a bunch of catholic penguins carrying shotguns. A good ice-breaker for this part about pistol packing preachers and hot lead behind the pulpits.

A most common phrase among preachers is “Preach the 1611 and pack two 1911’s!” (In reference to the US Army 1911 Colt pistol) there’s more than one church in America these days where the congregants celebrate their right to sit in the pew almost having carnal relations nearing adultery with their M-16 rifles while singing “Nearer my God to thee.”

The subject of guns in churches has been elevated most recently by the tragic shooting a few months back in an all black Christian Church by a very troubled and very drugged up youth. Many churches have now seen fit to ensure most of their most trusted elders are packing some sort of “heat”. But that brings up another question? In whom do you trust? God or Colt? God or a 357 magnum?

Should there be guns or any arms in a congregation?

The one thing about that church shooting that makes me wonder is where was the congregation’s discernment? I remember being invited as a white youth fresh in the US Navy to an all black baptist church in Memphis, Tennessee back in 1985 and trust me, those were people with serious discernment. I may have been invited but I certainly didn’t get past the back pews without a good dose of inspection. I wrote about discernment before as it relates to how we as Christians need to view the world. How many times in the New Testament are we told to guard against deceptions? Ephesians 5:6….”Let no man deceive you.” 2 Thes 2:3...Let no man deceive you.” 1 Peter 5:8…”Be sober, be vigilant.” Where was all that at that church?

The modern church faces two threats…

The lone wolf or organized group of anti-christs.
Government gone mad.

As for Government, that’s a whole separate issue in itself but bear this well...if the US government goes anti-christ mad? What will your stupid little hand-gun do against an Apache gunship or predator drone? Keep in good mind...satan’s weapons will be the carnal ones of man against the saints and your little hand gun will be worthless. Against mad government? We are sheep for the slaughter….God be praised we shall be killed all day long!

But for the lone wolf, Christ himself gives the best endorsement of church defense in John 10 when our savior celebrated the feast of dedication on 25 Kislev. Christ recognized the heroic bravery of Judah maccabee and his stubborn defense of the faith. The church has the right to self defense when it comes to single purpose, single minded maniacs. But before you’d have to go for your “steel slinger of God’s piece.” I must ask you again….where was your discernment and where were your God given brains?

Common sense should warn you….if you go to an all black church and a white boy wants to come in? I’d risk the idiotic charge of racism and question him until he comes clean or until he leaves but he wouldn’t get five steps beyond the front door.

If a church fosters an environment of discernment backed by good education? You won’t have to worry about having the pastor pack a Dirty Harry 44 magnum while he’s preaching out of the book of Job. And please Lord...don’t let the pastor do his Clint Eastwood routine? He really sucks at it.

Now there is an old saying…”The wolf never sleeps.” My trusty German Shepherd is as close to a wolf as you can get and all through the night on the hour like old faithful….he is walking through the house, on guard, looking for something to bark at. The wolf NEVER sleeps so the sheep and the shepherd should never slack in their vigilance to protect the flock from harm. That way...we won’t have to have a sniper covering the front doors and a hidden Ballistic Missile under the offering basket.

Next part 13 (had to be 13) Government gone mad.

Offline dannavy85

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2015, 04:31:57 PM »

part 13: (had to be 13) Government gone mad.

Revelations 13:8…” And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. {13:9} If any man have an ear, let him hear. {13:10} He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.”

The bad eventual truth...this world will reach Rev 13 and nothing and no one will stop it. I really don’t want to see one of these “shotgun pastors” standing in the middle of a street expecting their puny little shot gun to stop an M-1 tank. Let’s be very clear about the rise of the anti-christ and tribulation...you WILL NOT defeat the carnal weapons of satan with your carnal pea shooter.

The other truth to many blind and ignorant “christians” (psudo ones like Alex Jones, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck and all the 2016 candidates) America IS NOT a Christian nation! We never were and we never will be! There was once a Christian nation called “The Confederate States of America” but they were wiped out. Our declaration of independence and our Constitution had NOTHING to do with God.

Among all the systems of government man could devise for himself, only Republican government under a covenantal relationship with God could be considered the best achievement possible in the time between the departure of Christ and his return. In Republican covenantal government, there are superiors and subordinates….both of which are subjective to God with defined society roles. When you have too many indians and no chiefs or too many chiefs and few braves? You end up at Rev 13. Sadly even Republican government will give way to Rev 13...look at Rome. Any government system created by sin filled man...IS GOING TO FAIL!

Unlike Judah of Maccabee, who had to stand and defend the faith with carnal arms and defeat the whims of satan to protect the coming of the messiah, today’s Christian church does not need to fight with carnal weapons to “defend” or “gain” the world for Christ. We’re not all idiot catholics.

What should the Christian response be if the government wants to close down our church house? Ok fine, it’s just a building...so we’ll meet in a home. If they come to take the home? We’ll meet in a tent. Take our tents? There’s the forest and sleeping bags. If they throw us in prison? We’ll sing in the cells. If you kill us? PRAISE GOD!

Now about that rapture? I am a firm believer in Matthew 24…”Keep to the work of the house for you don’t know when I’m coming.” I take that as an order from the Lord...don’t trust the rapture. I really don’t think the American Christian church deserves to be raptured, it deserves to die like every other brave Christian around the world. I don’t want escape...I want to be martyred for Christ telling poor fools they’re hell bound before they put a round through my skull.

Then there’s Romans 13, which is spouted by every dead brained idiot from Rick Warren to Pope Francis. Here’s a very simple response….where the Government hates Christ? I oppose them. When the government comes for the Christians? “Hey! Bring that Panzer tank over here and give me my ticket to home! REPENT FOOLS!” No “High Plains Drifter.” No “High Noon.” no stupid Clint Eastwood movie lines and no pointing a useless hand-gun at a Predator drone. We are sheep to be slaughtered all the day long.

Believe me friends, I loved America. I served her Navy for all my life. I would have gladly hung that flag outside my house all the days I have left….but now? This wicked country MUST REPENT or it must die and I’m sorry to say that I will probably live to see the day America is erased from the earth. What will our guns avail us before the wrath of God and the murdering of satan….what good will they do? Perhaps my guns will give me enough time to fight my way home and get to my wife before the end comes but after that? I don’t expect them to be much use.

After all my friends, why will you need a carnal weapon for a war that’s already won?

Next part: wrapping things up.

Offline dannavy85

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2015, 04:32:41 PM »

Last part: Wrapping it up.

“Two officials familiar with the contents of the note say 26-year-old Christopher Harper Mercer, who was killed in after an exchange of gunfire with police Thursday at Umpqua Community College, wrote that he would be "welcomed in Hell and embraced by the devil."

He got his wish...and satan got another soul. Of the people who were shot on Oregon yesterday...how many of them were actually “true” Christians, we may never know. What we do know...is that those who stood their ground, said yet and were gunned downed by this now lost in hell maniac...bought precious time for others with their lives.

“No greater love have thee than to give thy life for thy brother.” It is too late to pray for these dead, their fate fell into the hands of the Lord. It is to their families and to their posterity that we pray for divine comfort and love in their hour of loss.

In the midst of all that madness, one man chose not to run away from the gunman but towards him. An Army combat veteran, Chris Mintz, charged the maniac and took five bullets. The phrase he kept saying over and over at the hospital to a nurse was….

“Today is my son’s birthday.”

Well….it wasn’t his time to go. God was with this soldier. I’d ask he get the Congressional Medal of Honor. Pray for him and give thanks that such men live.

As for arming teachers and students in schools? I’m not for it. Unless a person were absolutely ready to take the life of another human being? I wouldn’t feel any safer with fifty people walking around a campus like Wyatt Earp all pumped up and looking for a gun fight. We don’t spend thousands of dollars and thousands of hours training police to sit, drink coffee and eat donuts all day. We train them to do exactly the purpose to which every day they strap on a gun belt, pin on a badge and go out the door to their patrol cars.

Some people, sadly many Christians, in America today refuse to pray for police. Well I’m asking you my friends...pray for your police. Pray for your country.

Guns are truly an awesome weight to bear when one has to consider having to use them. This isn’t a punch you can pull back, you can’t recall a bullet. People who talk so glibly about using a gun are about the most stupid human beings on the planet and surely the ones most likely to shoot an innocent person or kill their own selves out of stupidity.

I believe I’ve given enough scriptural evidence as to the gravity of the weight faced by those of us who bear custody of these weapons, I don’t ever want to use my shotgun, my pistol or my long gun...I hate them as God calls us to hate (make lower in priority) those things that would take mastery over him. If you trust a gun more than you trust God? Then you don’t deserve to have a gun.

As always after these terrible events, morons like Obama go blaming the gun and not the real problem; which is SIN. Guns don’t kill people, guns are an implement in which people drowning in their wicked sins use to murder people. The weapon Caine used was a worthless matter to God compared to what Caine did….rock or no rock...Cain murdered his brother, The world of Genesis 6 was wicked and the world of Revelations 13…..will be wicked and evil without end until the return of Christ. The problem is not the steel people carry in their pockets, it’s the sin in their hearts. America is a wicked and sin ridden nation ever slipping farther from God, growing in hate of Christ and drowning in unrepenting sins. Your guns may give you comfort but they won’t protect this wicked country from the anger, judgment and retribution of an angry Lord. They could ban all the guns tomorrow but unless America turns from her wickedness...that won’t matter any more.

All that said….I will repeat. Owning a gun is a great responsibility and if you give all your heart and faith over to our Lord Jesus Christ? You should never have to turn to a gun as a last resort. Someday, at long last and with great gladness...we will reach the day when we can take these weapons of death and turn them into the plowshares of life eternal.

Pray always for peace but be always wise as serpents.

Amen

Deeply

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2015, 10:37:42 AM »
Let me sum up, if I may...

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The Bill Of Rights (ie, the law of the land) couldn't care less what your individual faith might be.

Offline dannavy85

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 08:07:56 PM »
The Bill Of Rights (ie, the law of the land) couldn't care less what your individual faith might be.

The state does not give rights that the Lord allows because the state would not exist without the authority granted it by God. When the state stands in defiance of God, it is the duty of Christians to oppose those defiances.

And as to "god"....what "god" does America trust in? If it "were" the one true God of the bible, the founding documents would have been specific. But they are not because America is a secular nation.

Deeply

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 08:17:20 PM »
And as to "god"....what "god" does America trust in? If it "were" the one true God of the bible, the founding documents would have been specific. But they are not because America is a secular nation.

Precisely. ;D ;D ;D

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

Offline dannavy85

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2015, 09:01:22 PM »
It's good to be in agreement.  ;D