Author Topic: Dealing with Mental Stress due to the times we live in  (Read 1473 times)

Offline LadyLiberty

• View Profile
Dealing with Mental Stress due to the times we live in
« on: January 30, 2016, 10:47:25 AM »
Hello

Sometimes I wish that I never knew the realities of today and what it means to be "awake" as it seems to just push me into a state of mental depression.  I don't know what I should be doing with my time and energy.  My husband and I have worked hard for over 30 plus years and for what?  Our house is under water, 401K is losing money,(recently moved it into Money Market but even that fund is not FDIC insured), our savings has been depleted due to high cost with high deductibles in our health insurance (my husband having two surgeries the past two years). Older cars required major auto repairs. Our wages are stagnant and our cost of food has risen unbelievably.   We used to pay everything in cash but have recently had to use credit which I hate to do in order to keep us afloat.  At 56 and 57 years old this is not what we thought the American Dream was about.  Sometimes other than feeling depressed I feel very angry for falling for this American Dream BS.  We pay our bills, we have excellent credit but all for what?.  Wish I could go back to Lala land.  Does anyone else feel this way? 

Offline BioGoddess

• Primum non nocere unless it's you or them
    • View Profile
Re: Dealing with Mental Stress due to the times we live in
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 11:24:18 AM »
LadyLiberty, you and your husband are not alone in feeling this way and experiencing what you are. I'd give you a hug, if I could! It's truly the end times, somethiing bad is already happening, and we, we suffer. And it's only going to get worse. Like Dave says: prepare. Be thankful you have a husband and partner. And we have this forum, to share just as you did. Welcome, LadyLiberty! What an excellent moniker, too!  8)

Offline retro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 03:12:15 PM »
Here's how I deal with it: I stopped putting my 6% into my 401k last year and bought silver and gold instead. My company doesn't match anyways. I used Aydin Coins, based on the east coast, free shipping and very friendly. 

Also look at buying food and water storage for the long haul. Next paycheck I'm buying some of these WaterBrick to store water and dry goods in.

Prepping empowers you because you are taking a hold of your own destiny. It feels good to look back after a year and see more gold and silver than you've ever seen in one place. At least for me it is  8)

FloydPink

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 12:43:32 PM »
A flooded house is the universe's way of saying you are not where you are supposed to be. It will push you to where you need to be, you could cry a million tears and that will not move you from your destiny.

My advice is to let go, to not care anymore, disconnect, detach, but do not abandon yourself. Put on your armor and sharpen your sword. None of this stuff will matter when you die so its a waste of time to be sad and depressed. Instead of being fearful of death you need to embrace your own mortality and really not care about the fact that you will die. Just be like me, cut yourself down to nothing and then you will not leave anything behind when you go.