Author Topic: Yippee, We Won, We are Out Of The Euro:-) But Are We Truly Free?  (Read 5557 times)

Offline scottishlass

• Scottish And Proud
    • View Profile
First and foremost, Im jumping for joy today as it is announced that Britain has left the European monster and dictatorship, but, in truth i believe this excitement for Britain will be very short lived. What now for Britain? Are we truly Free? I doubt it very much, for us that's very awake this is a huge turning point in history but what will be the cost for our freedom? Who will dictate to us now? Im sure all will be revealed very soon:-)

Offline M. Porcius Cato

• vera dico sed neqviqvam qvoniam non vis credere
    • View Profile
Re: Yippee, We Won, We are Out Of The Euro:-) But Are We Truly Free?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 10:56:15 AM »
I have no personal connection to Britain, but I am jumping for joy too. This is a momentous day in world history and a victory for national sovereignty ad libertarians everywhere. Now, just as after any momentous day in world history, the most important part is what comes next.

I don't purport to have advice for a place I've never so much as visited, but I am hopeful.

Offline infinitum

• R.I.P. Infinitum didn't know the cat was armed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 11:50:33 AM »
I have no personal connection to Britain either, but before everybody gets too excited, having a Referendum has nothing to do with whether or not Britain leaves the EU. Yes it could happen but also the government could say "Hey, thanks for your opinion, we'll keep that in mind".

Just the process involved in negotiations to leave the EU will require another 2 years as stated in Britain's agreement with the EU. I'm more worried that everyone is being set up. With the leave process taking over 2 years and the leave not even a certainty, why are the markets in turmoil now. Also I tend to believe that TPTB haven't even begun to lose control and this is all part of the plan. Perhaps this will be the cover for a collapsing economy that will lead to TPTB finally taking over.

It's interesting times but I'm firmly convinced nothing happens by accident, not even a leave vote.

Offline Ellipses

• 'Layman' economist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 07:20:02 AM »
I concur.

I voted for, and continue to support 'leave'.

This said, whether we like it or not, over the past 43 years, the UK has become shackled to a euro economic cadaver from which it will take time and effort to extricate.

My real fear is that, by fair means or foul, our nation will not be given the time nor will our politicians properly expend the effort, in furtherance of such an important, noble and democratic endeavour.

If such be the case, liberty will be its victim.