Author Topic: fn fal right arm of the free world  (Read 1782 times)

Offline werewolfslovesilver

• if your not a sniper your just a target
    • View Profile
fn fal right arm of the free world
« on: March 06, 2014, 10:05:49 PM »

can anyone give me a review of a fn fal?     I have heard lots of good things about them.  tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq8Udw_mJN8

Offline Landshark

• Live free or Die Trying
    • View Profile
Re: fn fal right arm of the free world
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 07:28:38 AM »
The Fn-Fal is a great weapon system. To begin it fires the "real man" 7.62x51 round. It has a nice long sight radius so accuracy is good. However, it is not a "sniper" rifle but a solid main battle rifle. The feature I like best is the operator adjustable short stroke gas system. This allows you to open or close off the gas system if the weapon becomes dirty or you are using underpowered ammo; such as commercial hunting ammo. (It is not loaded as hot as military ammo.) Today you can accessorize it like most other current rifles on the market.
They come in 2 build varieties; Metric & Inch pattern. The British and her commonwealth states such as Australia, Canada, etc. produced the inch pattern rifle. While the metric is more common it was produced by the other European nations. The main difference is how the mag locks in place. NOTE: the inch pattern WILL accept metric mags but the metric gun will NOT take inch mags. There are a number of configurations you can buy. 
I own more than one but less than a hundred and would choose a Fal over every other weapon given a choice. I have seen them rusted shut, hammered open, chamber a round and fire, chamber a second round and fire until it was free to operate normally. NOT a recommended procedure!! Times and conditions dictated it be done.

If you interested in a fal do your research, look at mag costs, and any other factor. I have an STG 58 w/ bipod (metric) I can off load, if you want to PM me.

Good luck
Keep your powder dry.