The Euro zone and Greece decide on a 4 month extension. UK and Canada retail sales decline. US manufacturing declines. Central Banks are terrified about the bond crash. SWIFT is now suing Russia. Russia ratifies the BRICS banking system, goes live end of year. US Gov can break encryption on phones, calls and texts. NY banning butcher knives and machetes. Kiev still shelling Donetsk. War still being pushed. US Gov/Central bankers planning a huge offensive this spring in Mosul Iraq which will then spread to other countries. DHS and FBI now going after anyone that does not agree with the government.
Please check the Sentinel Alerts for the latest news on the economic collapse. The Sentinel Alerts are updated throughout the day. If you haven’t already, go to “The People” and join the community of people who are helping each through the economic collapse.
Current News – 02.20.2015
- Greece and eurozone finance ministers struck a deal to extend the Greek bailout by another four months,
- Athens is expected to “present a first list of reform measures by Monday” for the country’s debt inspectors to assess,
- The EU creditors have insisted that any extension of loans should be accompanied by Greece’s commitment to a certain set of budget measures and reforms.
- The newly-elected leftist government in Athens initially asked for a six-month loan extension to get more time to renegotiate its €316 billion debt.
- The Friday’s agreement removes the immediate risk of Greece running out of money as early as March
- Canadian retail sales fell at the fastest pace in more than four years in December as consumers scaled back holiday gift purchases
- Sales fell 2.0 percent Holiday spending plans might have been curtailed out of a sense of prudence and uncertainty.”
- Receipts fell by 5.6 percent for clothing and accessories stores and 9.2 percent at electronics and appliance retailers.
- Sales fell in nine of 11 categories making up 71 percent of retail trade in December
- February’s Markit US Manufacturing PMI printed 54.3 (modestly above expectations of 53.6). Under the covers it is a very different story with New orders dropping to their lowest level since Jan 2014 and employment falling. “the rate of economic growth remains well down on last year.”
- As Markit notes,
- the US economy has entered a slower growth phase.
February data indicated greater caution in terms of job hiring across the manufacturing sector.
… we think that negative snowstorm effects could potentially subtract as much as half a percentage point from Q1 growth compared with a neutral baseline, although there is still plenty of time for activity to bounce back within the quarter. In light of our analysis, we reduced our Q1 GDP tracking estimate by two-tenths to +2.8%..
- Following threats from the US labor secretary “that they have until Friday to reach a contract or they’ll have to negotiate in Washington D.C.,” Dockworkers and their bosses, according to JOC.com, have reached an agreement
The U.S. Labor Secretary on Thursday told the International Longshore and Warehouse Union and the Pacific Maritime Association that they have until Friday to reach a contract or they’ll have to negotiate in Washington D.C.
- Has US Gov/Central Bankers economic stimulus kick-started the U.S.’s zombie economy? Not at all. Indeed, the collapse in the U.S. retail sector has accelerated throughout this plunge in oil/gasoline prices. This should not be possible.
- What does it mean when an economy not only fails to respond to “automatic” stimulus, but continues to rapidly decompose? It means we are dealing with a deceased economy. evidence of the U.S.’s zombie economy is both overwhelming and abundant.
- 1.It begins with 0% interest
- 2. U.S. “heartbeat” (i.e. the flow of money) has nearly stopped, having fallen further/lower than at any time in recorded history. What does it mean when money stops moving, in a “capitalist economy”? What does it mean when the money (i.e. blood) stops moving in the heart of the greatest Capitalist Empire the world has ever seen? R.I.P.
- 3, gas-guzzling, consumer economy is dead, and it comes from the gasoline consumption numbers, themselves. “Official” U.S. gasoline consumption hasplummeted by nearly 75% from its absolute peak in July of 1998. More pertinently; the gasoline consumption numbers have plummeted by roughly 66% since the start of the U.S.’s (imaginary)“recovery”.
- 4 “the U.S. retail sector”, the cornerstone of thisconsumer economy. Regular readers are already familiar with the “Black Friday Shopping Massacre” in the 2014 U.S. holiday shopping season. Yet despite that horrific 20+% (year-over-year) collapse in U.S. holiday shopping; the “news” from the U.S. retail sector has gotten much, much worse since that initial plunge.
- 5. Plunge in real estate, falling prices, declining mortgage apps with the lowest interest rates seen in many years.
- The near-bankrupt consumers (in this near-bankrupt economy) don’t have “more dollars” in their wallets
- All of the biggest problems in the financial world revolve around the bond markets today:
1) Greece’s sovereign debt crisis: Germany is terrified of what a Greek default would do to the EU banks.
2) The Bank of Japan is purchasing ALL new debt issuance in Japan.
3) The Fed is terrified of higher interest rates because ever 1% change means over $100 billion more in interest payments on the US debt.
Indeed, the US issued a total of $1 trillion in new debt over an 8 week period in late 2014 alone.
The reasons it did this? Because it doesn’t have the money to pay off the debt that is coming due from the past… so it simply issues NEW debt to raise the money to pay back the OLD debt.
This is a Ponzi scheme… but the US is not alone in this regard. Globally, the sovereign debt bubble is over $100 trillion in size. Just about every major nation on the planet is sporting a Debt to GDP ratio of 100%+ and that is just including “on the balance sheet” debts… not unfunded liabilities like Medicare or Social Security.
This is why the Fed and every other Central Bank on earth is terrified of interest rates rising; because anything even resembling the normalization of interest rates would mean entire countries going bust.
QE was never meant to create jobs or generate economic growth… it was a desperate ploy by Central Banks to put a floor under the bond market so rates wouldn’t rise.
- The German group Nordic Yards, which has three shipyards in Germany, may build its own dockyard in Russia,
- “We’ll undoubtedly consider building our own site because the trend towards increasing local output [at Russian enterprises] is gaining momentum,” he said,
- The Nordic Yards head also said he did not rule out establishing a joint venture with a Russian shipyard and buying a stake in it, “if we proceed with long-term cooperation in building fishing vessels, for example.”
- (SWIFT) filed a claim the Russian processing company ChronoPay abuse solely on the trademark «Swift»,
- The reason for the claim was the use of ChronoPay name «ChronoSwift» for your operating system.
- The Russian State Duma has ratified the $100 billion BRICS bank that’ll serve as a pool of money for infrastructure projects in Russia, Brazil, India, China and South Africa, and challenge the dominance of the Western-led World Bank and the IMF.
- The New Development Bank is expected to start fully functioning by the end of 2015,
- The Obama administration revealed Friday that it sent about 800,000 HealthCare.gov customers a tax form containing the wrong information, and asked them to hold off on filing their 2014 taxes.
- Top secret documents previously provided by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden have revealed that the US and Britain broke into the network of the world’s largest SIM card maker to compromise global communications.
- US National Security Agency (NSA) and its British counterpart, the Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ), stole the encryption keys used to secure voice calls and texts from, the largest manufacturer of SIM cards in the world.
- A 28-year-old hacker currently serving a six-month prison sentence for computer crimes now says that authorities asked him to help the United States gather information on Mexican drug cartels, then charged him with dozens of counts after he refused..
- According to Wired, Salinas told journalist Andy Greenberg that agents with the Federal Bureau of Investigation attempted to recruit him to assist with the FBI’s own intelligence gathering operations in 2013. After Salinas shot them down, he soon found himself being charged with dozens of counts through no fewer than four indictments filed in US District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- “They asked me to gather information on elected officials, cartel members, anyone I could get data from that would help them out,” Salinas told WIRED over the phone recently. “I told them no.”
- “Fundamentally this represents the FBI trying to recruit by indictment,” Ekeland recently said. “The message was clear: If he had agreed to help them, they would have dropped the charges in a second.”
- NY state has said that the sale of machetes should be outlawed.State Senator Tony Avella said he plans to introduce a bill to ban the possession of long, fixed blades in New York, these include machetes and butcher knives
- Anyone with a knife longer than 4 inches – even a simple kitchen knife – would be in violation of an administrative code, and would face up to 15 days in jail and a $300 fine.
- Lets put it all together, Ban guns, ban ammunition, shutdown gun shops or any other business using Operation Choke-Point, ban body armor and now take away knives.
- US citizens and other non-EU nationals who enter Europe will be asked to have their faces image-captured and fingerprints scanned upon arrival at a half-dozen major airports.
- The biometric dragnet is part of a pilot test of the EU’s so-called ‘smart borders’ package. Passengers can refuse to give the data for now but there are plans to eventually make it obligatory.
- the launch date is set in a matter of weeks, the document is still in the draft stage and so test places may change.
- However, the document lists airports in (Sweden), (France), Frankfurt (Germany), (Portugal), (Spain), and (Netherlands) as participating airports.
- The biometric screening extends to road, train, and sea routes as well and includes iris pattern scans in some areas.
- The Danish government announced Thursday that it will spend nearly ($148 million) over the next four years to better defend Denmark against terror.
- security level is high. Preparedness is high. But we are also challenged. Militant Islamists are constantly developing new ways of challenging our security,”
- “Up to 90% of industry does not operate as the result of armed actions or a blockade by Ukraine,“
- “Our leading industry facilities in the recent shellings have sustained such losses that we will need a month to restore them,
- Kiev is in talks with the eastern Ukrainian self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics on an “all-for-all” prisoner exchange on Saturday
- Authorities of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic will renounce compliance with the Minsk accords if the pro-Kiev forces continue shelling the cities and towns in Donbass,
- “If the Ukrainian Armed Forces deliver fire at the DPR cities and towns in the future, we’ll pull out of the Minsk accords,” he said
- the Ukrainian side had been delivering indiscriminate barraging fire in the areas around the townships of Vidnoye and Opytnoye since Wednesday afternoon.
- Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko signed the law to ratify an agreement between Ukraine, Poland and Lithuania to create a joint military unit, the so-called Ukrainian-Polish-Lithuanian brigade, Poroshenko’s official website reports
- “The brigade is created for the purpose of participation in international operations carried out on the basis of the UN Security Council mandate and authorized bodies of Lithuania, Poland and Ukraine. The agreement is open for other countries to join based on the invitation from members of the brigade,” the document says.
- Kiev is currently looking at deploying a UN-sponsored police mission of the European Union in the conflict zone in eastern Ukraine, the country’s envoy at the UN Yuriy Sergeyev told TASS.
- It can take several months to plan and organize the finaning of a UN peacekeeping mission. That’s why, the National Security and Defense Council opted for the EU police force.
- Ukraine’s ambassador to Germany, made a shocking statement on German TV
- Answering the question about the large presence of “strange people with SS insignia” in the Ukrainian Army, He admitted Right Sector neo-Nazis are part of the Ukrainian armed forces, that they are controlled and coordinated by Kiev’s pro-Western regime and that without them “the South Eastern army” would advance much further.
- “These (neo-Nazi) units are fighting together with our army, with the National Guard and other units, and they are coordinated and controlled by Kiev. That’s why there exists no danger that they do something on their own, beyond they have coordinated with the army commanders”.
- Finally, if Kiev says it is controlling neo-Nazi battalions, shouldn’t they be held responsible for the crimes committed by them?
- French President Francois Hollande said Friday at a joint news conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel that he was unable to confirm the presence of Russian military hardware in Ukraine.
- “We cannot confirm that Russian tanks had entered Ukraine,” Hollande said.
- Earlier on Friday, Ukrainian military spokesman Andriy Lysenko claimed that some 20 Russian tanks, military hardware and ammunition were seen heading from Russia to the Ukrainian territory.
- Any country that violates the Minsk agreements on reconciliation in Ukraine will face sanctions, French President Francois Hollande said.
- US President Barack Obama will delegate mandatory reporting requirements under the Ukraine Freedom Support Act to the Secretary of State John Kerry and the US State Department,
- The Ukraine Freedom Support Act requires the president to submit periodic reports to US Congress on the progress and strategies to support Ukraine and counter Russia.
- The reports will include the anticipated provision of defense articles and military training for Ukraine,
- Ukraine has closed 23 crossing points on its border with Russia, a decree published on the official website of Ukrainian government showed Friday.
- Earlier in February, the Ukrainian government said that Russian citizens would require external passports to enter Ukraine starting from March 1, 2015. Under a bilateral agreement made in 2007, Russians could use a national identity document or an internal passport to travel to Ukraine. Kiev, however, decided that the old agreement creates “chaos” and prevents the Ukrainian authorities from keeping a reliable record on how many people are coming to Ukraine.
- Heads of the Russian and Ukrainian delegations have held a meeting behind closed doors within the framework of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) in Vienna,
- Another state coup is not ruled out in Ukraine, with growing popular discontent, including among the leaders of the last year’s protests, Ukraine’s former Prime Minister
- “Maidan leaders and field commanders are voicing their discontent more and more loundly.”
- The situation in Ukraine was characterized by the atmosphere of fear and repressions. “People are afraid to voice their opinion,” he said.
- US Central Command said on Thursday that at the time of this assault, planned for April or May, it will support these troops with airstrikes on enemy positions near Mosul
- The 20,000 – 25,000 troops consist mainly of former Mosul police officers and tribal fighters, along with a brigade of counterterrorism troops.
- After months of negotiations, the United States and Turkey have agreed on a plan to train and equip moderate Syrian rebels in the battle against Islamic State militants.
- As part of the plan, the US will send more than 400 troops to Turkey – a number that includes special operations forces – .
- “The agreement was signed by the foreign ministry undersecretary and the US ambassador,“ a US official told Reuters.
- So lets see, the US has sent 4,000 troops to Kuwait, Military Assets to Kuwait depots, mission creep puts around 5000-6000 US soldiers in Iraq, the US drops weapons to ISIS, ISIS territory is 3 times larger, FSA/ISIS has the ability to call in airstrikes and OBama is waiting for the authorization for war.
- what happens if rebels call-in strikes against Assad’s forces instead of ISIS.
- Rebels fire propane gas cylinders from howitzers as fighting continues
- Weapon nicknamed the Hell Cannon and has a range of about a mile
- Rebels said to take pride in the cannon, which they developed themselves
- Islamic State is winning the digital war against the West because its foes are failing to counter extremist propaganda or highlight fallacies in the terror group’s narratives,
- digital war against the terror group.
- US government officials announced plans to expand its agency tasked with countering IS propaganda
- So basically what is being said is that people watching online propaganda turns them into a terrorist,”, wheres to the proof
- A new intelligence report produced by the the Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Bureau of Investigations is calling attention to an apparent domestic terror threat from ” right-wing sovereign citizen extremists”,
- The report claims that there have been 24 sovereign citizen attacks in the United States since 2010. According to the report these “extremists” believe they are not bound by the law and will assert their rights on a regular basis when confronted by police. This could a traffic stop or refusing to obey court orders. Like government officials, FBI, NSA, CIA
- sovereign citizens to be equal or greater to the threat from the Islamic State and similar groups.
- As Americans are waking up to the mass surveillance programs and growing police state around the country, many are pursuing knowledge of their rights when dealing with police officers and government officials. Rather than being violent extremists these are everyday, hard-working Americans who wish to feel safe and secure in their own homes.This is what is really going on. So what they are saying is that everyday people are domestic terrorist.
- The US governments search for “domestic extremists” is likely to net innocent individuals who are not pursuing violence but rather simply attempting to live free of government interference in their lives..