People of other countries are using cryptocurrency to get their funds out of the country. Iranian people are doing this right now, people of Argentina and Venezuela have done this. Steve Wozniak says that cryptocurrency (blockchain) will achieve its full potential in 10 years. The dollar is dying and a new currency is being ushered in. Jobless claims hit an all time low, last time we saw this happen we entered a recession. The Philly Fed just surged, the last time this happened we entered a recession in 8 months. The IG report is going to be released in May and it looks like it is going to bring May flowers. The Korea story that the corporate media is pushing out is fake and false. The statement made by NK was edited a certain way to make it look like the NK wanted to cancel .EU will no longer use the dollar for oil trade with Iran. Propaganda video debunked, the video was from 2014. Syrians find a huge number of weapons in a cave. OPCW has released its findings from the Feb gas attack, no conclusion because they never visited the site they used social media and reports from other to come to their conclusion.
Check Out The X22 Report Spotlight YouTube Channel – X22Report Spotlight
Please check Newzsentinel.com for the latest news on the economic collapse. The Sentinel Alerts are updated throughout the day. If you haven’t already, go to “The People” and join the community of people who are helping each through the economic collapse.
Current News – 05.17.2018
- Bitcoin proved its usage as a store of value, as panicked Iranians rushed into the leading cryptocurrency, as a shield against hyperinflation. The Iranian rial crashed to a head-spinning exchange rate of 50,000 to one US dollar after the expected plans to discontinue the nuclear deal with the USA. The regional crisis had immediate economic repercussions.
- Any crisis of similar proportions, including bank runs and economic crashes, can now push new panic buyers into Bitcoin,
“You can expect the same to happen – in much bigger amounts – in the wake of any banking or monetary crisis in the future,” Villaverde predicted. “In the past, when corrupt governments devalued their local currency or seized assets from citizens, investors ran to the U.S. dollar or gold. Today, many are moving into cryptocurrencies, where their money sits on a global distributed ledger that no central bank or government can touch.”
- Because Bitcoin, and other crypto coins, are borderless, they are much easier to acquire as a hedge against risk, compared to other assets seen as a safe haven in a crisis.
- Apple’s co-founder Steve “Woz” Wozniak has commented positively about cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology in his opening speech at the WeAreDevelopers World Congress 2018 in Vienna, Austria.
- image courtesy of CoinTelegraph
“[Blockchain] is the next major IT revolution that is about to happen.”
- Wozniak explained his positive outlook on blockchain by the fact that there are many useful applications for the technology in a number of areas.
- The blockchain and cryptocurrencies will achieve their full potential in a 10 years, according to Wozniak.
- Nonetheless, Wozniak sold all his bitcoins except one, as he said at the WeAreDevelopers Conference in Vienna, because “[he] does not want to be an investor and constantly watch the prices.”
- Just when you thought that after the last criminal offense by Wells Fargo (which as a reminder was pushing customers into higher-fee retirement accounts), surely there was no way this organization would be caught again engaging in some even more bizarre criminal activity.
- Wells Fargo’s business banking, improperly altered information on documents related to corporate customers without their knowledge.
- The Information adjusted by Wells employees varied from social security numbers to addresses to dates of birth for people associated with business-banking clients, with the bulk of incidents reportedly taking place in 2017 and early 2018, as Wells Fargo was trying to meet a deadline to comply with a regulatory consent order related to the bank’s anti-money-laundering controls.
- In other words, to comply with regulations against fabricating client data, Wells… fabricated client data.
The last time there were fewer Americans claiming ongoing jobless benefits was 1973… 45 years ago!
And the collapse in continuing jobless claims has accelerated since Trump was elected…
- The headline Philly Fed index spiked, jumping from 23.2 to 34.4 – smashing all analyst expectations
- But, New Orders exploded from 18.40 to 40.60 – the highest since March 1973…
- We saw this before and 8 months later, the US economy was in recession.
- ongoing details surrounding allegations of FBI spying during the campaign and “Operation Crossfire Hurricane” that seems to have angered him most.
- Touting a report saying the FBI under former President Obama spied on the Trump campaign during the 2016 presidential election, Trump exclaimed that the revelation could be “bigger than Watergate.”
“Wow, word seems to be coming out that the Obama FBI “SPIED ON THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN WITH AN IMBEDDED INFORMANT,” the president tweeted in reference to a National Review report published last week.
“There’s probably no doubt that they had at least one confidential informant in the campaign.” If so, this is bigger than Watergate!”
- The report alleges that Obama-led agencies used their surveillance powers to monitor the Trump campaign.
- this is not the first time that the Obama administration has been accused of spying on the Trump campaign. Last year, Trump accused the former president of wiretapping Trump Tower shortly before the 2016 election. “Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my “wires ” tapped,” the president tweeted in March 2017. So lets go through this
1. So a few important points on that new NYT “Hurricane Crossfire” piece. A story that, BTW, all of us following this knew had to be coming. This is DOJ/FBI leakers’ attempt to get in front of the facts Nunes is forcing out, to make it not sound so bad. Don’t buy it. It’s bad.
2. Biggest takeaway: Govt “sources” admit that, indeed, the Obama DOJ and FBI spied on the Trump campaign. Spied. (Tho NYT kindly calls spy an “informant.”) NYT slips in confirmation far down in story, and makes it out like it isn’t a big deal. It is a very big deal.
4. DOJ/FBI (and its leakers) have shredded what little credibility they have in claiming they cannot comply with subpoena. They are willing to provide details to friendly media, but not Congress? Willing to risk very source they claim to need to protect?
- Rudy Giuliani, President Trump’s attorney said that special counsel Robert Mueller has notified Trump’s legal team that he will follow Justice Department guidance and not seek an indictment against Trump
- “All they get to do is write a report,” said Giuliani.
- Federal prosecutors are barred from indicting a sitting president, as laid out in a Justice Department memo. Giuliani says that Mueller has no choice but to follow its guidance.
- “This case is essentially over,” Giuliani said. “They’re just in denial.”
- A long-awaited report by the Department of Justice’s internal watchdog has moved into its final phase
- Inspector General Michael Horowitz told lawmakers in April that he expected to issue the report in May, (is this May flowers Q has been talking about)
- To be clear, this report will have nothing to do with the FBI’s alleged FISA abuse, high-level collusion against the Trump campaign, or the genesis of the counterintelligence investigation against then-candidate Donald Trump. The OIG will be covering those issues as part of a separate investigation announced in late March.
- The report on the Clinton email investigation will, however, cover the conduct of FBI “lovebirds” Peter Strzok and Lisa Page. Strzok notably spearheaded the Clinton email investigation before also handling the early Trump-Russia investigation.
- Horowitz’s report will undoubtedly also cover significant edits made by the FBI’s top brass to Hillary Clinton’s exoneration statement – effectively decriminalizing her mishandling of classified information so that she wouldn’t be prosecuted by the DOJ.
- On January 12 of last year, Inspector Horowitz announced an OIG investigation based on “requests from numerous Chairmen and Ranking Members of Congressional oversight committees, various organizations (such as Judicial Watch?), and members of the public.”
- The initial focus ranged from the FBI’s handling of the Clinton email investigation, to whether or not Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe should have been recused from the investigation to potential collusion with the Clinton campaign and the timing of various FOIA releases.
- On July 27, 2017 the House Judiciary Committee called on the DOJ to appoint a Special Counsel, detailing their concerns in 14 questions pertaining to “actions taken by previously public figures like Attorney General Loretta Lynch, FBI Director James Comey, and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.”
- The questions range from Loretta Lynch directing Mr. Comey to mislead the American people on the nature of the Clinton investigation, Secretary Clinton’s mishandling of classified information and the (mis)handling of her email investigation by the FBI, the DOJ’s failure to empanel a grand jury to investigate Clinton, and questions about the Clinton Foundation, Uranium One, and whether the FBI relied on the “Trump-Russia” dossier created by Fusion GPS.
- On September 26, 2017, The House Judiciary Committee repeated their call to the DOJ for a special counsel, pointing out that former FBI Director James Comey lied to Congress when he said that he decided not to recommend criminal charges against Hillary Clinton until after she was interviewed, when in fact Comey had drafted her exoneration before said interview.
- And now, the OIG report can tie all of this together –
- journalist Paul Sperry reports that “IG Horowitz has found “reasonable grounds” for believing there has been a violation of federal criminal law in the FBI/DOJ’s handling of the Clinton investigation/s and has referred his findings of potential criminal misconduct to Huber for possible criminal prosecution.”Sperry also noted on Twitter that the FBI and DOJ had been targeting former National Security Advisor Mike Flynn before his December 2016 phone call with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, stemming from photos of Flynn at a December 2015 Moscow event with Vladimir Putin (and Jill Stein).Who is Huber?
Sealed indictments.Define indictment.“An indictment is a formal accusation against one or more defendants, charging them with one or more crimes. In the federal criminal system, the indictment is the principal method by which a prosecutor initiates criminal proceedings.”How are they sealed?How are they secured?How are they safeguarded?No leaks [unusual?]Federal vs …. Why are accusations sealed?Grand jury involved?Re_read crumbs re: DOJ / FBI re: IG / Huber Who appointed Huber? SESSIONS.WHAT DEPTS MUST BE CLEANED PRIOR TO REC FAIR AND EQUAL [JUSTICE] UNDER THE LAW?What happens if FED [criminal] indictments are brought forth to a corrupt FBI / DOJ / FED Judge?FBI / DOJ – 1st.C_A / State – next?Now comes the pain. Q
Attorney General Jeff Sessions appointed John Huber – Utah’s top federal prosecutor, to be paired with IG Horowitz to investigate the multitude of accusations of FBI misconduct surrounding the 2016 U.S. presidential election.
the Inspector General is significantly limited in his abilities to investigate. “ IG’s office does not have authority to compel witness interviews, including from past employees, so its investigation will be limited in scope in comparison to a Special Counsel investigation,”
Sessions’ pairing of Horowitz with Huber keeps the investigation under the DOJ’s roof and out of the hands of an independent investigator.
- The US Senate voted to keep the 2015 “net neutrality” rules enacted by the FCC under the Obama administration and repealed last year. The measure now faces a House vote and likely veto by President Donald Trump.
- Even if it passes both chambers of Congress, it is unknown whether President Donald Trump will sign such a bill or choose to veto it.
We have been hearing from the corporate media that NK is threatening to cancel the summit, the corporate media is pushing this hard, lets take a closer look at where they got this story from
- the summit, as the US State Department has informed us, is on, and the US is making plans to accommodate the President’s trip to Singapore, where the meeting will take place.
- , if one actually reads the statement of the North Koreans, rather than taking what the Western media says about it as gospel truth, one thing is clear: Pyongyang isn’t making any unilateral concessions without getting something in return. No one ever assumed otherwise. The North singles out John Bolton – “We do not hide our repugnance toward him” — decrying his invocation of the “Libyan model,” which ended in the death of Moammar Ghadafi. T
- Yet a literal reading of the North Korean statement wasn’t good enough the corporate media put it into their own words for their agenda
- “North Korea is rapidly moving the goal posts for next month’s summit between leader Kim Jong Un and President Trump, saying the United States must stop insisting it ‘unilaterally’ abandon its nuclear program and stop talking about a Libya-style solution to the standoff.”
- It is the corporate media who is moving those goalposts, which were never positioned so as to force Kim Jong-un to accept Ghadafi’s fate. No one makes unilateral concessions unless they’ve just lost a war and are negotiating the terms of surrender. This distortion of what the North Koreans are saying is just a reflection of the degeneration of journalistic practices, the headline itself is a lie: “North Korea expands threat to cancel Trump-Kim summit, saying it won’t be pushed to abandon its nukes” – in fact, the threat to cancel the summit is not “expanded” but is instead rendered in narrowly conditional terms. It reads: “If the US is trying to drive us into a corner to force our unilateral nuclear abandonment, we will no longer be interested in such dialogue and cannot be reconsider our proceeding to the DPRK-US summit.”
- That’s a mighty big “if,” aside from which I’d also point out that “reconsidering” the summit and definitely pulling out are two quite different things.
- North Korea cancelled the meeting because they thought the B-52s were going to be used in the drills which are nuclear ready
- South Korean Defense Minister Song Young-moo and Gen. Vincent Brooks, the commander of US forces in Korea met and in less than an hour agreed to nix the B-52s.
- The Korean peace initiative has been driven, from the very beginning, by Koreans on both sides of the DMZ: first and foremost, President Moon Jae-in,
- European Commission is set to launch tomorrow the process of activating a law that bans European companies from complying with U.S. sanctions against Iran and does not recognise any court rulings that enforce American penalties.
- The French president said that “the European Union decided to preserve the nuclear deal and defend EU companies” adding that “our main interest in Iran is not in trade, but in ensuring stability in the region
- Trump’s Iran decision strengthens both Russia and China in the region,
- two months ago Iran decided to switch using the dollar as a currency in its imports and banned all traders from using USD. A directive came from the Ministry of Industry, Mine and Trade.
- the EU has lost patience and all but declared it is now on an economic collision course with the United States of America.
the EU is going to shift from dollar to euro to pay for crude from Iran.
- The EAEU Eurasian Economic Union and Iran have signed a temporary agreement to establish a free trade zone
” It also creates a joint committee of high-ranking officials and establishes a business dialogue,“The arrangement will last for three years to allow for a full-fledged deal on a free trade zone.
- A video circulating on social media claiming to be evidence that Hamas is faking deaths in Gaza does not actually portray what has been claimed. And not only that – the footage is more than four years old.
. People shared it as ‘proof’ that Hamas is either faking the number of deaths reported after Monday’s unrest or is manipulating people into feeling sympathy for the Palestinian cause.
However, the video actually dates back to 2013 and has been used as anti-Palestinian propaganda since at least 2014, when Israel’s Operation Protective Edge war on Gaza saw more than 2,200 Palestinians killed, more than 1,462 of whom were civilians, according to the UN.
- The Israeli military says rocket warning were sounded on the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights, near the frontier with Syria, a week after the occupying regime hit dozens of targets in the Arab country with a volley of airstrikes.
- Multiple incoming rocket sirens went off across the northern parts of the occupied territory sending Israeli settlers scrambling to bomb shelters.
- The Israeli military said no signs of rockets falling were detected in the region, and that it was investigating what triggered an Iron Dome missile battery there.
- “ , it appears to have been a false alarm,” The circumstances are being looked into.”
- , huge quantities of arms hidden in caves were found. Those include 5 tanks, heavy machineguns, ground-to-ground missiles, ammunition, explosives and IEDs, as well as medical supplies.
- All the restored weapons and supplies were looted by rebels when they had raided armories for the Syrian Army in Mahin town back in 2013.
- Last month, the Syrian Army officially took over the entire East Qalamoun region after rebel fighters left to Syria’s north as per a surrender deal.
The chief propagandist for the so-called Islamic State (ISIS) in Syria was eliminated as a result of an attack by the Iraqi Air Force, th
- “The OPCW report published May 15 with conclusions of the Fact-Finding Mission’s experts on the alleged ‘chemical attack’ in the locality of Saraqib, Idlib province, on February 4, is deeply perplexing,” the ministry said.
- It said that “the text of the report clarifies that… the experts could not have been and were not at the presumed site of the possible chemical attack, as Idlib is under full control of terrorist groups.”