Greece’s Prime Minister is set to visit China. The FED is pushing back on Rand Paul’s audit request. NY Fed reports consumer spending imploded. Baltic Dry Index hit a new record low of 553. EU lost 20 billion euros because of the Russian sanctions. FBI violates the 4th Amendment and spies on the American People. Obama says the US Gov. needs to push other countries into doing things they want. Ukraine peace deal being worked out. UK has the right to supply Ukraine with lethal weapons. The US proposes a bill to have other nations supply lethal weapons to Ukraine. Obama pushing war, wants boots on the ground in Iraq and other middle eastern countries.
Please check the Sentinel Alerts for the latest news on the economic collapse. The Sentinel Alerts are updated throughout the day. If you haven’t already, go to “The People” and join the community of people who are helping each through the economic collapse.
Current News – 02.11.2015
- Greece’s Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras was invited to visit Chinese counterpart
- The news comes a day after a minister of the Greek new government said the country may turn to China
- Sen. Rand Paul isn’t happy that the Federal Reserve is mobilizing against his legislation that would subject the central bank’s monetary policy decisions to an audit.
- “The Fed, with unlimited ability to print money, now prints that money to lobby against congressional oversight,” Paul added. “It is a disgrace and every citizen in the land should rise up and say: We the people are in charge and we demand an audit!”
- As John Williams (shadowstats.com) has observed, the payroll jobs reports no longer make any logical or statistical sense. Ask yourself, do you believe that retailers responded to the very disappointing Christmas season by rushing out in January to hire 46,000 more retail clerks?
- FRBNY reports a collapse in consumer spending growth expectations in January. Even more worrying for President Obama’s “middle-class economic” strategy is that the biggest plunge is among the $50-100k income people.
- All those jobs… all that wealth created… all that low-gas-price-tax-cut… and spending expectations collapse…
- “We discussed energy cooperation, considering Athens’ interest in the plans of building a gas pipeline from Russia to Turkey and to the Greek border,” Lavrov said.
- “We believe this project has good prospects,” he said.
- The European Union has lost €20 billion from sanctions against Moscow,
- A record-setting number of Americans renounced their citizenship in 2014, up from 2,999 in 2013 to 3,415, Treasury Department statistics showed.…
- The FBI has reportedly told various police departments throughout the U.S. to keep their use of “stingray” cellphone trackers quiet and to not inform the public of their use.
- A “stingray” is a cellphone signal interception device which, may appear to citizens as regular cellphone towers. These trackers trick cellphones and similar devices into connecting with the tracker and once connected, whoever controls the “stingray” can access the device’s call records, texts, location, and other metadata.
- Originally, the trackers were developed by the Harris Corporation for use in anti-terrorism operations throughout the U.S. in conjunction with the FBI. However, these trackers have been reportedly used in routine police work in recent years, often without a warrant.
- ARS Technica attempted to contact the FBI about the letter and their desire to keep the tracker’s technology a secret, but the FBI would not respond. Hanni Fakhoury, a lawyer with the Electronic Freedom Foundation, did say, “It’s remarkable to see collusion by state and federal agencies to undermine public records requests, which are clearly aimed at keeping the public in the dark about the use of Stingray technology.”
- “The notion that the federal government would work to actively block disclosure of records,” says Fakhoury, “seems clearly to have a chilling effect on obtaining information about this controversial surveillance tool.”
- when the press or public “seek basic information about how people in local communities are being surveilled, the FBI invokes these very serious national security concerns to try to keep that information private.”
- The non-profit Electronic Frontier Foundation is suing the Marshals Service, the Department of Justice and FBI to shine light on the controversial tracking practice,
- In late November, the EEF requested a wide array of documents on the program, which dates back to 2007, including policies, procedures, training materials, communications about the legality of the program, and documentation of each use of the spy planes.
- Wall Street Journal report pulled back the covers the program, which uses small, fixed-wing Cessna planes mounted with devices known as “stingrays” or dirtboxes,” which emulate cell phone towers and are able to capture the locational data of tens of thousands of cell phones during a single flight.
- The program allowed the Marshals Service to track criminals, but also collected information from countless other phones belonging to people not suspected of any crimes.
- President Barack Obama has said the reality of “American leadership” at times entails “twisting the arms” of states which “don’t do what we need them to do,” and that the US relied on its military strength and other leverage to achieve its goals.
- Obama also argued that tackling these and other problems entailed “leveraging other countries” and“other resources” whenever possible, while also recognizing that Washington is “the lead partner because we have capabilities that other folks don’t have.”
- The United States might slow down its troop withdrawal from Afghanistan due to the remaining threat of militant groups in the region, a high-ranking administration official said .. US military officials also believe that a greater amount of troops in Afghanistan reduces the risk for the US military there, The Obama will consider the plan and make the final decision before Ghani’s visit to Washington in March
- Russian Defense Ministe confirmed on Wednesday that Russia will participate in joint air defense and artillery drills with Venezuela.
- Russia is actively pursuing defense cooperation with Latin American countries, which includes sales of weaponry, construction of naval maintenance and resupply facilities, as well as the occasional use of local airbases for hosting Russian strategic bombers on global patrol missions.
- Turkey does not want to join in EU sanctions against Russia,
- The minister explained that Moscow is an important trade partner. At the end of 2014, trade between Russia and Turkey for the year was estimated to be around $30 billion.
- Turkey has capitalized on Russia’s EU food ban, boosting its exports of fish and meat to record highs. Russia is now also buying Turkish milk and eggs.
- Russia and Turkey are building a natural gas pipeline that will bring an annual 63 billion metric tons of gas to southern Europe.
- Almost certainly, Mr. Putin stressed again, what he said since the beginning of the conflict, that there are no Russian troops fighting in Ukraine, humanitarian aid is all that Russia delivers to the cruelly bombed and massacred people of Neorussia, the Donbass area. This was recently confirmed by Chief of Staff of Ukraine’s Armed Forces, General Viktor Muzhenko –
- Putin could no longer be demonized and his country ‘sanctioned’ – sanctions, which badly backfire especially on Europe
- the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) as of 2015, with the member states including Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Kyrgyzstan. In addition, there is the overlapping Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) – China, Kazakhstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, with potentially new members of Afghanistan, Iran, Mongolia, and Pakistan.
- Together the EEC and the SCO account for about 25% of the world population and close to 30% of the world’s economic output. The eastern alliance under Russian-Chinese leadership is well on course of establishing its own monetary system, detached from the fraudulent dollar scheme.
- Then there are the remaining BRICS, plus Argentina, Venezuela and possibly others that would gladly be migrating out of Washington’s oppressive fangs into a friendly economic environment, where national sovereignty still counts and is respected.
- Given all these facts, is it too farfetched to assume that Madame Merkel may have seen the light after all, racing to Obama, telling him the obvious? That without a change of Washington’s policy towards Russia not only the European economy may collapse, but that the US economy may not survive either? – That with WWIII or even a new Cold War over Ukraine, the world as we know it may eclipse? –
- At a joint press conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel at the White House on Monday, President Barack Obama warned that the West would not allow Russia to redraw Europe’s borders “at the barrel of a gun.”
- Joe Iosbaker, a leader in the United National Antiwar Committee, said, “Mainly, it’s the US that is pushing for a violent redrawing of Europe’s map.”
- The US and NATO are “using military force to bring about change in Europe by any objective measure,”
- After sustained defensive combat against Ukrainian troops in the self-proclaimed People’s Republic of Donetsk during August, rebels are now reporting entrapping two large groups of Kiev troops and seizing military hardware in a counteroffensive.
- Some 5,000 Kiev troops “with military hardware” including some 50 tanks, over 200 armored vehicles and 50 artillery rocket systems (including Grad) are trapped in the area, the DPR claims.
- “DNR’s army has surrounded the staff headquarters of the 8th army corps, 28th and 30th mechanized brigades, 95th air mobile brigade of the army of Ukraine, and also punitive battalions ‘
- “We have captured 7 military supply depots with large quantities of armaments, munitions, aids and appliances, food rations, and all-terrain vehicles.
- US/UK not invited and didn’t attend. Well that didn’t take long.
- *RUSSIA, UKRAINE, GERMANY, FRANCE LEADERS READY DECLARATION: IFX
- *FOUR-COUNTRY DECLARATION TO REAFFIRM MINSK CEASE-FIRE DEAL: IFX
- *JOINT DECLARATION IN SUPPORT OF UKRAINE’S TERRITORIAL SOVEREIGNTY
- they agree to a cease-fire and to support Ukraine’s territorial sovereignty (except of course Eastern Ukraine?)
- * * *
- Now what will president Obama do? Will he push peace, or will there be a false flag in Ukraine to push war.
- Britain reserves the right to arm Ukraine and will not allow the Ukrainian army to collapse, Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond told parliament on Tuesday.
- “It’s a national decision for each country in the NATO alliance to decide whether to supply lethal aid to Ukraine,” he said in a statement to MPs.
- “The UK is not planning to do so but we reserve the right to keep this position under review,” he said.
- Members of the US House of Representatives are asking foreign governments to contribute military assistance to Ukraine
- “The Secretary of Defense may accept and retain contributions, including in-kind contributions, from foreign governments, to provide assistance authorized,” the legislation introduced by by Representatives Adam Smith and Mac Thornberry,
- The assistance in which the bill outlines foreign governments can help the United States provide to Ukraine include lethal weapons, logistics support, supplies, training and equipment as well as the “sustainment to the military and national security forces of Ukraine, through September 30, 2017.”
- If approved, the new House legislation would appropriate $1 billion through September 30, 2017 to give military and lethal assistance to Kiev to defend its “sovereign territory against foreign aggressors,”
- There is always a risk that weapons will be misappropriated during conflicts, but the equipment the United States provides to Ukraine will not fall out of their control, US Senator Lindsey Graham
- The U.S. military plans in March to start training Ukrainian soldiers who are battling Russian-backed separatists in eastern Ukraine, a top U.S. military commander in Europe said Wednesday.
- U.S. Army Europe Commander Lt. Gen. Ben Hodges said a battalion of U.S. soldiers would train three battalions of Ukrainians from the Interior Ministry at the Yavariv training center in the western Ukrainian city of Lviv.
- The planned training, Hodges said, will involve Americans teaching the Ukrainians how to better defend themselves against “Russian and rebel artillery and rockets.” Training will also include securing roads, bridges and other infrastructure, treating and evacuating casualties, and operating in an environment where Russians are jamming communications.
- The US Air Force dispatched a dozen A-10 Thunderbolt II attack jets and about 300 airmen to Germany as part of a military exercise, which is expected to involve NATO allies in Eastern Europe amid simmering tensions over Ukraine.
- Lt. Col. Christopher Karns, a spokesman for the Air Force at the Pentagon, said the aircraft would“forward-deploy” to sites in Eastern European NATO states, where the units will participate in training with allied forces to “strengthen interoperability and…demonstrate US commitment to the security and stability of Europe,” he told military.com.
- France has decided to close its embassy in Yemen after a similar move by Britain and the United States over what they call security concerns in the Arab country, where the Ansarullah revolutionaries have taken control of the capital, Sana’a.
- ARMED HOUTHI REBELS SEIZE U.S. EMBASSY VEHICLES AFTER AMBASSADOR, DIPLOMATS LEAVE COUNTRY – LOCAL MEMBERS OF EMBASSY STAFF
- According to reports, the president is seeking authorization for at least three years of military intervention, at which point the next president could then seek reauthorization.
- The proposal, furthermore, does not ban deployments of U.S. troops. While it calls for a prohibition on “enduring offensive ground operations,” it is not clear exactly what this term means, and analysts warn that this vague wording could, in fact, open a back door to another ground offensive.
- the White House proposal regarding ground troops leaves room for numerous exceptions: “First, all existing ground troops, including the 3,000 U.S. military personnel now on the ground in Iraq, would be explicitly excluded from the restrictions. After that, the president would be allowed to deploy new military personnel in several specific roles: advisers, special operations forces, Joint Terminal Attack Controllers to assist U.S. air strikes and Combat Search and Rescue personnel.”
- The proposal vaguely defines the enemy,
- MILITARY AUTHORIZATION BILL WOULD PRESERVE PRESIDENT’S ABILITY TO ORDER OPERATIONS AGAINST ISLAMIC STATE IN COUNTRIES OTHER THAN IRAQ, SYRIA –
- WHITE HOUSE SAYS COMBAT BOOTS ON THE GROUND MAY BE USED FOR HOSTAGE RESCUE OPERATIONS
- OBAMA NOT RULING OUT DEPLOYING COMBAT TROOPS ON GROUND TO ASSIST AIR STRIKES AGAINST ISLAMIC STATE, IF PENTAGON RECOMMENDS IT –
- SEC. 3. DURATION OF THIS AUTHORIZATION.
- This authorization for the use of military force shall terminate three years after the date of the enactment of this joint resolution, unless reauthorized.
- SEC. 4. REPORTS.
- The President shall report to Congress at least once every six months on specific actions taken pursuant to this authorization.
- SEC. 5. ASSOCIATED PERSONS OR FORCES DEFINED.
- In this joint resolution, the term ‘‘associated persons or forces’’ means individuals and organizations fighting for, on behalf of, or alongside ISIL or any closely-related successor entity in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners.
Congressman Charles B. Rangel introduced … Universal Service Act (H.R 747), also known as the “draft” bill,
- The head of the House Homeland Security Committee on Wednesday said extremist groups like the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) must be regarded as “armies.”
- “We must keep these barbaric terrorists out of the homeland to protect the American people,” McCaul added.
- The “terror threat is dynamic,” he said.