- James Comey, the man who refused to bring charges against Hillary Clinton despite a mountain of concrete evidence that she, and several members of her staff, knowingly violated several federal laws, apparently used the largely discredited “Trump Dossier” to help secure a FISA warrant to secretly monitor Trump’s former campaign aide, Carter Page, according to CNN.
- Among other things, the dossier alleged that Page met senior Russian officials as an emissary of the Trump campaign, and discussed quid-pro-quo deals relating to sanctions, business opportunities and Russia’s interference in the election. Page has denied meeting the officials named in the dossier and says he never cut any political deals with the Kremlin. Per CNN:
Read more at:Obama, Comey Relied On Discredited Dossier To Obtain FISA Warrant On Trump Campaign
- David Stockman joined the Fox Business and the show Mornings with Maria to discuss the tax reform highlights for the current White House and GOP platform and what he views as a real threat of economic disaster in the U.S. During the discussion Stockman highlights what to expect from a border adjustment tax possibility, the creation of jobs and the impact on Wall Street in the age of Donald Trump.
- Stockman takes to point the cause of tax reform in the current White House. He begins the segment noting,
- “I think the border adjustment tax will come out of the retailers margin – and it should. We do need revenue. We need to have a consumption tax, or a value added tax or a border adjustment tax – so that we may reduce taxation on wages and income.
Read more at:Stockman: We’re Borrowing Our Way To Economic Disaster
- After a kneejerk move lower on headlines regarding a statement, Cable is surging now that UK PM May has surprised the nation with a snap election on June 8th…
As we detailed earlier, in a stunning development, Theresa May announced she would seek an early general election for Britain on June 8 to obtain a direct mandate to take the country through the Brexit divorce with the EU. The decision, which comes just three weeks after the prime minister began the formal Brexit process, has shocked British politicians as they returned from their Easter break.
- That said, the announcement has come as two polls over the weekend put the Conservatives 21 points ahead of Labour, a lead that is likely to greatly increase its existing working Commons majority of 17, which hardly means a major shock for the general direction the UK is heading.
Read more at:Theresa May Calls For Snap UK General Election On June 8
- Last week we noted that Trump’s base was starting to turn on him after the White House seemed flip on several key campaign issues including labeling China a currency manipulator, ousting Yellen as the Fed Chair and taking a hard stance against NATO, among other things. The sudden reversals earned Trump a new nickname in the Twittersphere of “Flipper-in-Chief.”
- Of course, Trump attempted to downplay the new moniker by highlighting all of the campaign promises he has ‘kept’ since being in office.
- But any damage that Trump may have hoped to undo with his tweet last week, was quickly erased over the weekend when John McCain appeared on “Meet the Press” with Chuck Todd to confirm that he “hopes” Trump has been “sucked in by the Washington establishment.”
Read more at:John McCain: “I Hope” Trump Has Been ‘Sucked In’ By The Washington Establishment
- Video has been released allegedly showing a mass military mobilization in Vladivostok, Russia, just eight miles from the border with North Korea, as the world edges towards war
- As The Express reports, the dramatic move, unconfirmed by the Russian government, was spotted by residents in the border city and posted on social media.
- According to the reports, a military convoy of eight surface-to-air missiles, part of Russian Air Defence, were on the move.
- The S400 anti-aircraft missiles were moved to Vladivostok, where Vladimir Putin already has a major navy base.
- Furthermore, As the following footage shows (beginning at aorund 1:20 below) Chinese military assets are also being moved to the North Korean border…
Read more at:China, Russia Dispatch Naval Vessels To Track USS Carl Vinson To Korean Peninsula
- For the rich and famous among us, the endgame has been relatively clear for a long time: according to the surge in ultra luxury “bunkers for billionaires” being built, the way all this ends is nothing short of a whole lot of mushroom clouds around the globe, with the world’s wealthiest hoping to protect themselves in deep underground bunkers designed for just such an eventuality. That these bunkers are also ultra luxurious and extremely expensive is just the status symbol today’s billionaires are eager to show as they carry humanity’s survival “to the other side.”
- But who said that doomsday bunkers have to be unaffordable for the common man?
- As CBS reports, while the Trump administration’s increased military strikes might cause fear for some people, for one North Texas man, it means big bucks. Nora Holloway of Dallas is one of those folks who is concerned about the state of the world. So, citing the recent bombings in Syria, Afghanistan and the growing tension with North Korea, Holloway posted online to see if anyone wanted to “go in” on an underground bunker.
Read more at:Doomsday Bunker Sales Soar After Trump’s Military Strikes
- As expected – and feared – during the annual “Day of the Sun” celebration parade (celebrating the birth of the nation’s founder), Bloomberg blasted a headline that Chinese news agency Xinhua reported that North Korea has fired a projectile.
- NORTH KOREA FIRES PROJECTILE, MEDIA SAYS: XINHUA
- On its website, Bloomberg immediately picked up the story, and ran with “North Korea Fires Projectile Media, Says Xinhua” (at a url which still reads: “https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-15/north-korea-fires-projectile-media-says-xinhua“)
Read more at:Chinese Media Almost Sets Off Military Action With Erroneous North Korea Headline