- Democracy no longer exists in the West. In the US powerful private interest groups, such as the military-security complex, Wall Street, the Israel Lobby, agribusiness and the extractive industries of energy, timber and mining, have long exercised more control over government than the people. But now even the semblance of democracy has been abandoned.
- In the US Donald Trump has won the Republican presidential nomination. However, Republican convention delegates are plotting to deny Trump the nomination that the people have voted him. The Republican political establishment is showing an unwillingness to accept democratic outcomes.
The people chose, but their choice is unacceptable to the establishment which intends to substitute its choice for the people’s choice.
- Do you remember Dominic Strauss-Kahn? Strauss-Kahn is the Frenchman who was head of the IMF and, according to polls, the likely next president of France. He said something that sounded too favorable toward the Greek people. This concerned powerful banking interests who worried that he might get in the way of their plunder of Greece, Portugal, Spain, and Italy. A hotel maid appeared who accused him of rape. He was arrested and held without bail. After the police and prosecutors had made fools of themselves, he was released with all charges dropped. But the goal was achieved. Strauss-Kahn had to resign as IMF director and kiss goodbye his chance for the presidency of France.
- Curious, isn’t it, that a woman has now appeared who claims Trump raped her when she was 13 years old.
Read more at: The Collapse of Western Democracy
- Inquiring minds are diving into Kaiser Family Foundation reports on health care. The charts and stats are not pretty, and they are sure to get worse.
- Health Care Expenditures 1960-2014
- The above chart from the Kasiser Family Foundation report Health Spending Explorer.
- Deductible Spending Soars
- Between 2004 and 2014, average payments for deductibles and coinsurance rose considerably faster than the overall cost for covered benefits, while the average payments for copayments fell. As can be seen in the chart below, over this time period, patient cost-sharing rose substantially faster than payments for care by health plans as insurance coverage became a little less generous.
Read more at:Health Care Costs Rising Sharply (And It Will Get Worse)
- Marine Le Pen writes a powerful argument for nationalism and the end of the EU in the New York Times:
- The European Union has become a prison of peoples. Each of the 28 countries that constitute it has slowly lost its democratic prerogatives to commissions and councils with no popular mandate. Every nation in the union has had to apply laws it did not want for itself. Member nations no longer determine their own budgets. They are called upon to open their borders against their will.
- Countries in the eurozone face an even less enviable situation. In the name of ideology, different economies are forced to adopt the same currency, even if doing so bleeds them dry. It’s a modern version of the Procrustean bed, and the people no longer have a say.
- And what about the European Parliament? It’s democratic in appearance only, because it’s based on a lie: the pretense that there is a homogeneous European people, and that a Polish member of the European Parliament has the legitimacy to make law for the Spanish. We have tried to deny the existence of sovereign nations. It’s only natural that they would not allow being denied.
- Brexit wasn’t the European people’s first cry of revolt. In 2005, France and the Netherlands held referendums about the proposed European Union constitution. In both countries, opposition was massive, and other governments decided on the spot to halt the experiment for fear the contagion might spread. A few years later, the European Union constitution was forced on the people of Europe anyway, under the guise of the Lisbon Treaty. In 2008, Ireland, also by way of referendum, refused to apply that treaty. And once again, a popular decision was brushed aside.
Read more at:The Prison Of Peoples – France’s Le Pen Calls For European ‘Spring’
- You may not be getting prepared for a major national disaster, but the government sure is. I have been informed that in recent months numerous emergency food companies have been contacted by the government, and they have been told that their inventories could potentially be seized in the event of a significant emergency. And as you will see below, the government recently participated in an exercise that simulated “an unprecedented global food crisis lasting as long as a decade”. In addition, NPR has just revealed details about the very secretive Strategic National Stockpile program that is storing billions of dollars worth of medical supplies in warehouses around the nation. This is a program that most Americans do not even know exists. On top of everything else, strange reports of military vehicles with UN markings have been coming in from all over the nation. So what in the world is the government up to? Why are they working so feverishly hard to get prepared?
- Let’s begin our discussion with the Strategic National Stockpile. According to NPR, there are at least six of these warehouses at various locations around the country, and they are holding at least seven billion dollars worth of supplies…
Thousands of lives might someday depend on this stockpile, which holds all kinds of medical supplies that the officials would need in the wake of a terrorist attack with a chemical, biological or nuclear weapon.
Read more at:What Is The Government Preparing For?
- With admiration, many have been observing Iceland’s handling of the banking crisis that jolted the entire world in recent years. Now experiencing a unique economic recovery, the Icelandic public became aware in 2008 that the nation’s private banks had borrowed some $120 billion dollars, ten times the size of Iceland’s economy, creating an economic bubble which forced housing prices to double, and saddled the nation’s people with debt.
- While other Western nations initiated bank bailouts in 2008, a popular uprising in Iceland led to a peaceful revolution against corrupt government and banks, and has since become the example for the global movement for liberation from central banking and unaccountable government.
“In the duration of five months, the main bank of Iceland was nationalized, government officials were forced to resign, the old government was liquidated, and a new government was put in its place.” [Source]
- The resolve of Iceland’s people to correct the systemic problems in their government and economy was again demonstrated in 2015 when dozens of high-level financial executives were jailed for their involvement in manipulating Iceland’s financial markets after financial deregulation in 2001.
Read more at:Wake-Up Call America: Iceland’s New President Has Never Been A Politician
- Two explosions, together with gunfire, took place moments ago at Ataturk International Aiport in Istanbul, the third largest airport in Europe, according to Bloomberg and the major newswires. The interior ministry adds that there have been multiple injuries following the explosions, while CNN Turk adds that there are casualties.
- 2 EXPLOSIONS OCCURED IN ISTANBUL ATATURK AIRPORT: INTERIOR MIN.
MULTIPLE INJURIES IN ISTANBUL AIRPORT BLASTS: INTERIOR MIN.
TAXIS FERRYING WOUNDED PEOPLE FROM ISTANBUL AIRPORT – WITNESS ON CNN TURK
TURKISH JUSTICE MINISTER SAYS 10 DEAD IN ISTANBUL AIRPORT ATTACK
It was not immediately clear what caused the explosions. An eye witness told CNN Turk television that blasts took place shortly after gun fire between police officers and unknown persons near the airport’s car park. CNN Turk also adds that casualties have been reported.
Turkish media adds that two grenades were thrown into the airport while Reuters writes that the suspects detonated explosive before passing x-ray security check citing a Turkish official. According to Twitter reports, the attack took place in the parking lot.
According to Reuters at least 40 have been injured.
More details from CBS:
Turkish officials say at least two explosions rock country’s largest airport in Istanbul on Tuesday, leaving multiple people injured.
- A witness told broadcaster CNN Turk that gunfire was heard from the car park at Ataturk airport. Turkish official said Tuesday it was unclear whether the explosions were caused by bombs or a suicide attack. The official spoke on condition of anonymity in line with government protocol. airport. Taxis were ferrying wounded people from the airport, the witness told CNN Turk.
- Turkey has suffered several bombings in recent months linked to Kurdish or Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) militants.
- The attacks have increased in scale and frequency, scaring off tourists and hurting the economy, which relies heavily on tourism revenues.
- In December, a blast at Istanbul’s Sabiha Gokcen killed one person and wounded another. Both were cleaners. Kurdish rebels later claimed responsibility for the explosion, believed to have been caused by a bomb.
Read more at:Explosions, Gunfire, At Least 10 Killed And 40 Injured At Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport
- As if we needed further proof that the mainstream media are barren of a single shred of journalistic integrity and that its members are in dire need of public flogging…
- So desperate are media elite for a Brexit vote reversal that they are literally reporting lies as incontrovertible fact. No sooner had the majority of British voters made their voices heard with a vote to exit the European Union, than mainstream media at home and abroad begin peddling the narrative that Brits were “remorseful” over their decision and wanted a “do-over.”
- How on earth members of media knew precisely how millions of British voters felt in the 24 hours following the vote is beyond us. Perhaps they went door to door to ask. Perhaps they acquired new telepathic abilities.
- No. They just lied. As they always do.
- You’ve probably seen the popular story circulating MSM this weekend that claims a referendum petition is in the works calling for a Brexit re-vote and that it’s garnered around 3 – 3.5 million signatories thus far.
- As recently as Monday, June 27, CNN reported that so many people rushed to sign the petition that the official government site where it is housed crashed. Yes, that’s how badly MSM wants you to believe that Brits realized the “error of their ways” and that, despite their conclusive vote to exit the E.U., what Brits “really want” is a chance to re-cast their votes to “remain.”
Read more at:Brexit “Do Over” Petition Exposed As A Scam…