- The International Criminal Court (ICC) may break its longstanding practice of unfairly targeting African nations by charging the United States and the CIA with war crimes.
- The chief prosecutor for the ICC revealed on Monday that the results of a preliminary probe have suggested the U.S. likely committed war crimes by torturing detainees in Afghanistan.
- “Members of US armed forces appear to have subjected at least 61 detained persons to torture, cruel treatment, outrages upon personal dignity on the territory of Afghanistan between 1 May 2003 and 31 December 2014,” the report stated.
- These abuses appeared to be widespread, as the crimes “were not the abuses of a few isolated individuals. Rather, they appear to have been committed as part of approved interrogation techniques in an attempt to extract ‘actionable intelligence’ from detainees.”
- The report continued: “The information available suggests that victims were deliberately subjected to physical and psychological violence, and that crimes were allegedly committed with particular cruelty and in a manner that debased the basic human dignity of the victims.”
Read more at:The US and CIA Could Finally Be Charged for Their War Crimes Overseas
- Trump has the potential to fundamentally transform the Supreme Court of the United States for decades to come and the left is absolutely terrified. As of right now, only Justice Scalia’s seat is open and Trump’s replacement there will simply restore the previous 5-4 conservative vs. liberal balance. That said, 3 other justices are near/in their 80’s and could be replaced during a Trump presidency. If all three judges are replaced, it would massively shift the balance of power to 7-2 conservative vs. liberal. Something tells us that the DNC is going to provide Ginsburg and Breyer with very regular health checkups over the next 4 years.
Read more at: Trump Could Radically Transform The Supreme Court For Decades And Dems Are Terrified
- One of the more perplexing theories to emerge explaining the failure of Hillary Clinton’s presidential bid, is that popular news curators and aggregators such as Google and Facebook had distributed news created by “fake” and “false” websites, thus influencing public opinion. So, in an attempt to curb such websites, a move some consider tantamount to censorship, Google and Facebook announced measures aimed at halting the spread of “fake news” on the internet by targeting how the creators of this alleged “phony content” make money: advertising.
- Google said it is working on a policy change to prevent websites that misrepresent content from using its AdSense advertising network, while Facebook updated its advertising policies to spell out that its ban on deceptive and misleading content applies to fake news. Considering the amount of fingerpointing by much of the liberal press in the aftermath of Nov. 8 we wonder if websites such as CNN would be captured by this filter.
Read more at:Google Will Punish “Fake News” Websites By Halting Ads
- George Soros and other liberal mega-donors are gathering in Washington for a three-day, closed-door meeting where they will discuss opposing Trump’s plan for his first 100 days in office.
- According to Politico, the meeting, which began on Sunday night at Washington’s Mandarin Oriental hotel, is sponsored by the influential Democracy Alliance donor club and will include darlings of the left such as House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, Senator Elizabeth Warren and Congressional Progressive Caucus co-chairman Keith Ellison.
- Politico reports: The meeting is the first major gathering of the institutional left since Trump’s shocking victoryover Hillary Clinton in last week’s presidential election…
Read more at:Soros And Liberal Mega-Donors Plot For War With Donald Trump
- Internet freedom has declined for the sixth consecutive year, with more governments than ever before targeting social media and communication apps as a means of halting the rapid dissemination of information, particularly during anti-government protests. According to the latest Freedom on the Net reports, two-thirds of all internet users live in countries where criticism of the government, military, or ruling family are subject to censorship.
- As AFP reports, governments around the world have stepped up efforts to block or censor social media and messaging applications, in a new blow to internet freedom.
- “Popular social media sites like Facebook and Twitter have been subject to growing censorship for several years, but governments are now increasingly going after messaging apps like WhatsApp and Telegram,” said Sanja Kelly, director of the study.
Read more at:Online ‘Freedom’ Plunges For 6th Straight Year As Social Media Censorship Grows
- Earlier today we showed that, contrary to USA Today’s claims that the anti-Trump protests across the nation are “spontaneous, involving people from all walks of life”, according to Wikileaks documents at least two of the people profiled by USA Today have a history of being professional agitators for the Democratic party, whose task is to stir up popular protests and – in extreme cases – unleash rioting, such as the following clip showing the latest day of violent protests in Portland revealed.
- Now, courtesy of a Zero Hedge reader, we have visual confirmation of how a substantial portion of these professional, paid protesters arrive at the site of the protest, in this case Chicago.
- As our reader notes, “I have a video of 5 city blocks on the West side of Chicago lined with busses from Wisconsin (Badger Bus Lines) bringing in protestors. The Sears tower is visible in the background.”
Read more at:Blocks Of Anti-Trump Protest Buses Caught On Tape
- The Trump victory is very good news for the US – relative to a win for Hillary, which would have been an unmitigated disaster. So I’m happy he won.
- Will Trump winning mean a real change in direction for the US? Unlikely. Don’t mistake Trump for a libertarian. He has all kinds of stupid notions—torture as official policy, killing families of accused terrorists, and putting on import duties. He has no grasp of economics. He’s an authoritarian. His cabinet choices, so far, are all neocons and Deep State hangers-on. He’s likely to treat the US as if it were his 100% owned corporation.
- On the bright side, he has real business experience—although of the kind that sees government as a partner. I doubt he’ll try, or be able if he does, to pull up any agencies by the roots. He’ll mainly be able to set the tone, as did Reagan. But, hey, something is better than nothing.
- THE POLITICAL FUTURE
- A brief word on US political parties. I’ve said for years that the Demopublicans and the Republicrats are just two wings of the same party.
Read more at:Is A Real Civil War Possible?