- The Americans have prevented any deal, any coordination with the Russians in ways to fight ISIS in Syria and in Iraq, and that is puzzling Damascus-based journalist Ziad Haidar told RT.
- The Syrian city of Aleppo is witnessing some of its fiercest fighting since the conflict began there over four years ago. A cessation in fighting for humanitarian relief was announced by Russia. The rebels are taking advantage of the ceasefire, however, to begin an offensive on the government-held western section of the heavily contested city.
- The Syrian army has responded to the attacks, which is forcing many civilians to flee their homes.
- Meanwhile, US State Department spokesman John Kirby has called it “inappropriate” to compare the war zones in the Syrian city of Aleppo and Mosul in Iraq.
Read more at:US double standards: ‘1mn people of Mosul have no chance of escape, no humanitarian truce’
- Several years after China unveiled its first aircraft carrier, a curious combination of a on old Russian hulk reincarnated with the help of some ultra modern, reverse-engineered US technology, today China once again showed off its aviation – as well as reverse-engineering – capabilities when it unveiled for the first time ever its Chengdu J-20 stealth fighter at an air show on Tuesday, in the latest sign of the growing sophistication of the country’s military technology.
- The fifth-generation warplane, which very much resembles the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor (one almost wonders why), performed a series of maneuvers under overcast skies at Airshow China in the southern city of Zhuhai. There were gasps and applause as two of the jets roared over hundreds of spectators at Airshow China, held in the southern city of Zhuhai.
Read more at:China Shows Off Its New J-20 Stealth Fighter Jet
- The US and NATO are building up their offensive capabilities on the Western borders of Russia and its ally Belarus, prompting Moscow to take reciprocal measures, Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu told the two countries’ top military brass.
- “Those actions undermine strategic stability and are forcing Russia to take reciprocal defensive measures, including some in the Western theatre,” the defense minister said.
- NATO “has not abandoned attempts to dictate its will to other countries through economic and political means, as well as by military force,” he said, noting that “an information war is in full swing.”
- Confronted with a complex security environment, Russia and Belarus will join forces to strengthen their mutual security, Shoigu added.
Read more at:NATO builds up offensive capability on borders of Russia & Belarus, Moscow to respond
- We the People…
- “We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”
- – Gouverneur Morris
- The preamble to the US constitution is more familiar to American children than is the body of the constitution to American adults. It was written in 1787 following some very serious drama that threatened liberty and freedom (and profits) – a bloody revolt, not mere political upheaval.1 In fact, since 1776 the US has been at war over 90% of the time (219 out of 240 years); to protect itself and its friends from tyranny or, more recently, to promote democracy (and gain resources) from geopolitical pariahs.
Read more at:Paul Brodsky: “We The People…”