Greece’s Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis warns of a referendum if plan is rejected. The Unemployment numbers are completely manipulated. The home ownership numbers are now being manipulated. Homeless people in NY increases. IMF Deputy Director says emerging countries need to de-dollarize. Russia restructures Cyprus loans. Obama moving towards gun control again. UK government wants cameras in everyone’s homes. US imposes sanctions on Venezuela and reports its a national security threat. Kiev stalling and will not remove it heavy weaponry. US and coalition forces using the Islamic State to destroy everything in its path to get congress to vote yes for the AFW
Please check the Sentinel Alerts for the latest news on the economic collapse. The Sentinel Alerts are updated throughout the day. If you haven’t already, go to “The People” and join the community of people who are helping each through the economic collapse.
Current News – 03.09.2015
- Greece’s Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis said his government was willing to hold a referendum or even early elections if Eurogroup ministers reject debt and growth plans.
- The finance minister said his government was fighting the “establishment that said it was saving Greece while it put everything on the backs of the poor.”
- The government won elections on promises of renegotiating the EU bailout program.
- #1 Since February 2008, the size of the U.S. population has grown by 16.8 million people, but the number of full-time jobs has actually decreased by 140,000.
- #2 The percentage of working age Americans that have a job right now is still about the same as it was during the depths of the last recession.
- #3 The primary reason for the decline in the official “unemployment rate” is the fact that the government now considers millions upon millions of long-term unemployed workers to “no longer be in the labor force”.
- #5 101.6 million working age Americans that do not have a job right now.
- #7 Millions upon millions of Americans have been forced to take part-time jobs because that is all they can find, The following numbers come directly from the Social Security Administration…
- -39 percent of American workers make less than $20,000 a year.
- -52 percent of American workers make less than $30,000 a year.
- -63 percent of American workers make less than $40,000 a year.
- -72 percent of American workers make less than $50,000 a year.
- #8 The average duration of unemployment for an unemployed worker is still about twice as long as it was just prior to the last recession.
- The homeless population in the nation’s largest city has exploded to an all-time high, forcing officials to provide shelter to desperate families in dilapidated tenements that have been identified by housing authorities as dangerous.
- NYC’s homeless population had swollen to a record 59,068, One organization, the Coalition for the Homeless, told the paper that its homeless count was higher, at 60,352.
- The homeless count, according to the city and the coalition, includes 25,000 children.
- global sales have once again slowed down markedly, and have dropped by 1.8% and 1.7% in January and February respectively.
- same store US sales in February tumbled by 4.0%, far below the -0.7% expected.
- US homeownership rate, has been plunging in a straight line and is now the lowest since 1994..
- time to manipulate the homeownership calculation to make it appear better than it is.
- Bank of America ran a simulation on the US Homeownership rate, in which it “derived a homeownership rate assuming household weights by age group as of 1994. In other words, we only allow for the change in the homeownership rates over time to matter, holding the household age weights constant. Under this methodology, the homeownership rate would have declined to 62.1% last year.“
- In other words, instead of the most recently announced 63.9%,
- “The dollar is declining as a trade currency,
- Meanwhile, figures from the BIS and SWIFT show that the yuan is now among the top ten traded currencies in the world.
- Japan’s Deputy Managing Director of the IMF, openly stated that emerging markets in Asia should begin the process of de-dollarisation “to mitigate against external shocks and constraining the central bank’s ability as lender of last resort.”
- Russia is in negotiations with India and Egypt to settle their trade in local currencies.
- The BRICS development bank is now operational which will see countries who avail of it repaying loans probably in yuan, given that China provides over 40% of the funding. It will act as a rival to the IMF which may explain why the IMF is taking a more inclusive approach to currency reserves.
- The UK Treasury is not taking the steps required to prepare Britons for another financial meltdown, a cross-party committee of MPs warned on Monday.
- He warned these institutions saturate “national borrowing capacity,” and in the event of a serious financial crisis may prove “too big to save.”
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a law to ratify a protocol on the restructuring of a loan to Cyprus
- Russia and Cyprus signed an intergovernmental agreement on the provision of a state financial loan for Cyprus in December 2011. It stipulates that a single repayment of $2.754 billion be made on July 1, 2016. The loan’s annual interest rate was calculated at 4.5 percent.
- A protocol that included a reduction of the annual interest rate to 2.5 percent was signed in August 2013, after the Cyprus government asked for a restructuring of the debt over the deterioration of the financial situation in the country. The document also delayed the repayment of the debt until the period between 2018 and 2021.
- Speaking at Benedict College in South Carolina on March 6, President Obama said the “Second Amendment … is important,” that it is “part of our culture” and “part of who were are.” Then he quickly added, “But what we also have to recognize is, is that our homicide rates are so much higher than other industrialized countries–by like a mile.”
- Moreover, Obama hinted that the individual right to bear arms–the very right protected by the Second Amendment–is the result of a Supreme Court interpretation. On June 22, claiming that the Supreme Court created an individual right to keep and bear arms via the District of Columbia v. Heller (2008) decision.
- In other words, prior to 2008, there was no individual right to keep and bear arms. It wasn’t what our Founding Fathers
- . A high point for America was 6.6 per 100,000 people in 1993, and that rate fell to 3.2 per 100,000 by 2011, after the number of privately owned guns in America went from 192 million in 1994 to 310 million in 2009.
- The White House is trying to get 5.56 “armor piercing” rounds classified as “cop killer” bullets. But there’s only one problem: no cop has ever been killed by the “green-tipped” AR-15 ammunition.
- Still, the President claims that banning the ammunition is just a “common sense” way to protect police officers. Speaking on his behalf, White House spokesman Josh Earnest said that the 5.56/.223-caliber M855 ball ammunition must be banned because it can shoot through bullet proof vests. While that is true, so can just about any rifle hunting round. Are they next?
- No crime has ever been committed on record with legally registered weapons such as this, and no ban on assault weapons would effect NFA items. So the White House’s claim rests ultimate on the fantasy that police officers are being shot and killed with stockless AR-15 style pistols. The only problem is, this has never happened: not even once.
- The Central Intelligence Agency has announced a sweeping reorganization, introducing a new Directorate dedicated to cyber-espionage and establishing ten new cross-directorate ‘mission centers’.
- Clapper said that cyber-attacks had been “increasing in frequency, scale, sophistication and severity of impact.”
- Britain’s most senior police officer has urged families and business owners to install hidden eye-level CCTV cameras to make it easier to identify burglars. Privacy rights groups say it will make the public “an extension of the police.”
- Families and business owners should plant two CCTV cameras in their homes, Howe says, ideally one high camera to capture the full crime scene and another eye-level camera to capture clear images of criminals’ faces.
- Green Party’s Baroness Jones condemned the strategy. “It threatens to undermine people’s confidence and inject fear in the place where they should feel most secure,” she said.
- “I’m not sure it will make anyone feel safer,”
- research by the College of Policing revealed CCTV is ineffective at stopping or preventing violence and makes minor cuts to theft-related crimes.
- The UK has reportedly approved the sale of £16 million worth of anti-riot equipment, including tear gas and rubber bullets to countries on its own human-rights blacklist
- the majority of the gear has gone to nations with established democracies, countries with questionable human-rights records, such as Saudi Arabia, Libya and Pakistan have also received equipment. Those countries feature on a Foreign Office ‘blacklist’ for so-called ‘countries of concern’ over the past five years.
- The United States has imposed sanctions on senior Venezuelan officials, including Venezuela’s army commander, national intelligence director and national police director, according to a White House press release issued on Monday.
- President Barack Obama issued an executive order Monday declaring Venezuela a national security threat,
- “Venezuelan officials past and present who violate the human rights of Venezuelan citizens and engage in acts of public corruption will not be welcome here, and we now have the tools to block their assets and their use of U.S. financial systems,” White House spokesman Josh Earnest said in a statement.
- Very interesting that the US has declared Venezuela a national security threat right after Venezuela exposed a US-backed coup to have a regime change.
- Prime Minister Yatsenyu said he had nothing to do with the economic crisis in Ukraine and is not responsible for the wreck of the Ukrainian currency hryvnia,
- When asked how people in Ukraine could live off of their little salaries given that the Ukrainian currency has fallen dramatically the Prime Minister made a surprised face and replied with: “Why are you asking me? what are the exact duties and job responsibilities of the Ukrainian Prime Minister, the head of the Ukrainian government who presides over the Cabinet of Ministers?
- “The Ukrainian side has completed four stages of the pull-back under supervision of the OSCE representatives
- “As of March 9, we have no information about Ukraine’s fulfilling the schedule. There have been no remarks from the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) on how Ukraine was working to implement weapins withdrawal
- Kiev is four days behind the schedule of withdrawal of heavy weapons,
- Kiev-led forces will not pull back all of their artillery from the line of contact with independence militias in eastern Ukraine as they do not have confirmation of the withdrawal their weapons, a Kiev military spokesperson said in a briefing Monday.
- “We will not fully bare our frontline, as we are waiting for the enemy to prove that they have really withdrawn their weaponry,” Andriy Lysenko said.
- British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond said on Sunday he had detected no change in Russian President Vladimir Putin’s strategic intentions towards Ukraine, despite putting together two peace plans, meeting with Germany and France.
- Brzezinski, U.S. President Obama’s friend and advisor on Russia
- we must pour weapons and troops into the nations that surround Russia, in order to avoid a nuclear conflict: deterrence, he argues, is the way to peace; anything else than our sending in troops and weapons now would be weakness and would invite World War III.
- He says that American troops must be prepositioned in these countries immediately, because otherwise Putin will think that America won’t respond to a Russian attack against those countries.
- Brzezinski presented to the U.S. Senate accused Russia of planning to invade NATO when instead the United States has been surrounding Russia by formerly-Russian-allied nations, which are new members of America’s anti-Russian military club, NATO.
- Jean-Claude Juncker has called for the creation of an EU army… in order to show Russia “that [The EU is] serious about defending European values.” Juncker explained an EU army would “help us fulfil Europe’s responsibilities in the world,” arguing that NATO was not enough since not all EU members are part of the alliance.
- The Germans are in…
- “I support Juncker in building an EU army, if it means the termination of all EU member states’ armies and is controlled by the European Parliament,”
- The tanks were delivered to Latvia and they are being offloaded from the carrier ship Liberty Promise.
“So by the end of the summer, you could very well see an operation that stretches from the Baltics all the way down to the Black Sea,” said Colonel Michael Foster, “As you connect countries, there is almost a line of US troops,” as cited by Defense News on March 2.
A freight train carrying a whole column of American armored vehicles was caught on camera in Latvia in December.
The train was carrying at least 38 vehicles and several semitrailers, including eight Bradley Fighting Vehicles, nine M113 Armored Personnel Carriers (APCs), four petrol tankers, Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Trucks (HEMTTs), High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles (HMMWVs), an M88 Hercules Armory recovery vehicle,
- Dozens of people have been reported killed after US-led planes hit a petrol refinery controlled by ISIL militants in the Syrian border town
- Witnesses also told of strong explosions blowing out windows of nearby houses.