The entire economic system is based on an illusion and just like in 2008 many people are going to watch their pensions drop to zero. The pensions are all in on stocks, the American people have been scammed to believe that their pension would be waiting for them when they retire. The transition has already begun and many don’t even realize that it is happening. McCain’s associated is now pleading the 5th in regards to the dossier. Kim Dot Com says the DNC was an inside job and that the data was transferred by USB. Russia deploys SU 27 to Syria to show the world its air superiority. The corporate media and those in the deep state are pushing the idea that the US has the legal right to stay in Syria,not even close to the truth. Under Obama mass shooting increased by 247%. David Hogg started to interview students about gun control at 9:30am est the same day the event took place. Trump wants teachers to carry a weapon. The timeline of when Nicholas Cruz entered the building does not match the timeline when the news started to report event, there is a 2 hour difference. The deep state and the corporate media are in trouble, many anomalies are being reported and the corporate media is trying to defend their point of view telling the world they are not lying. They are losing the narrative, be prepared they will be moving to the next phase very soon.
Check Out The X22 Report Spotlight YouTube Channel – X22Report Spotlight
Please check Newzsentinel.com for the latest news on the economic collapse. The Sentinel Alerts are updated throughout the day. If you haven’t already, go to “The People” and join the community of people who are helping each through the economic collapse.
Current News – 02.22.2018
Public pension funds that lost hundreds of billions during the last financial crisis still face significant risk from one basic investment: stocks.
That vulnerability came into ocus earlier this month as markets descended into correction territory for the first time since February 2016. The California Public Employees’ Retirement System, the largest public pension fund in the U.S., lost $18.5 billion in value over a 10-day trading period ended Feb. 9, according to figures provided by the system.
The sudden drop represented 5% of total assets held by the pension fund, which had roughly half of its portfolio in equities as of late 2017. It gained back $8.1 billion through last Friday as markets recovered.
“It looks like 2018 is likely to be more turbulent than what we have experienced the last couple of years,” the fund’s chief investment officer, Ted Eliopoulos, told his board last Monday at a public meeting.
Retirement systems that manage money for firefighters, police officers, teachers and other public workers are increasingly reliant on stocks for returns as the bull market nears its ninth year. By the end of 2017, equities had surged to an average 53.6% of public pension portfolios from 50.3% one year earlier, according to figures released earlier this month by the Wilshire Trust Universe Comparison Service.
To put the above in historical context:
- Thirty or so years ago, state and local politicians and the leaders of their public employee unions had a shared epiphany: If they offered workers hyper-generous pensions they could buy labor peace without having to grant eye-popping and headline-grabbing wage increases. And if they made unrealistically high assumptions about the returns they could generate on pension plan assets they could keep required contributions nice and low, thus making both workers and taxpayers happy. The result: job security for politicians and union leaders and a false sense of affluence for workers and taxpayers.
- This scam worked beautifully for as long as it needed to – which is to say until the architects of the over-generous benefits and unrealistic assumptions retired rich and happy.
- But now the unworkable math is coming to light and pension funds are responding with two strategies:
1) Roll the dice by loading up on equities – the most volatile asset class available – along with “real estate, commodities, hedge funds and private-equity holdings.”
2) Buy the dips. As the above highlighted quote illustrates, stocks have been going up so steadily for so long that pension fund managers now see “volatility as an investing opportunity.” When the next downturn hits they’ll throw good money after bad, magnifying their losses.
- Eventually a real bear market will shred the duct tape and chewing gum that’s holding the public pension machine together. And several trillion dollars of obligations will migrate from state and local governments to Washington, which is to say taxpayers in general, at a time when federal debts are already soaring.
- After the ‘successful’ launch of the Venezuelan government-backed cryptocurrency the Petro on Feb. 20, President Nicolas Maduro has already hinted at second government cryptocurrency soon to be released, according to government-sponsored news outlet TelSsur.
- This time, the government-backed cryptocurrency will be backed not by oil, but by gold.
- “The petro is a cryptocurrency unique in the world that is supported by oil, and I have a surprise that I will launch next week, the Petro Oro [gold], backed by gold, even more powerful.”
- A former State Department official and associate of Sen. John McCain has invoked his Fifth Amendment right not to testify in connection with questions from the House Intelligence Committee about the anti-Trump dossier’s Russian sources, according to a law enforcement source.
- David J. Kramer, who is a central player in how the unverified Trump dossier made its way to the FBI in late 2016, testified before the committee in December in a closed-door session, indicating he had information about the dossier’s sources. A subpoena was issued for mid-January, as first reported by The Washington Examiner.
- The law enforcement source confirmed, however, that Kramer did not appear and has exercised his Fifth Amendment rights.
- Steele has refused to testify before Congress. Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., have sent a criminal referral to the Justice Department asking them to investigate whether Steele lied about the dossier’s distribution and his media contact.
- New Zealand-based hacker and political activist Kim Dotcom claims the hacking of the Democratic National Committee in 2016 was an inside job. If that’s true, it could blow the case of the mysterious murder of former DNC staffer Seth Rich wide open.
- In response to that tweet, Dotcom tweeted that the DNC was hacked by “an insider with a memory stick,” adding, “Special Counsel Mueller is not interested in my evidence. My lawyers wrote to him twice. He never replied.”
- Dotcom asserts that the DNC files were copied at a speed that wouldn’t be possible by someone on the other side of the planet — like in Russia or China.
- He also contends that a DNC insider had access to the data and transferred the files to a memory stick at a rate that could only be achieved by someone in close proximity to the DNC office building.
- Dotcom’s claim was validated by analysis conducted last year by a researcher named Forensicator, who determined the DNC files were copied at a rate of 22.6 megabits per second.
- He claims it wouldn’t be possible for someone on the other side of globe to copy network files that quickly.
- However, most analysts agree that the deployment of the Su-57 is probably mostly meant to send a strong message about air superiority over Syria, where Russian and American planes have almost clashed quite a few times recently (with conflicting reports of the incidents).
- President Trump has all the legal authority he needs to keep U.S. forces in Syria and Iraq indefinitely, the Pentagon and State Department said in a pair of letters released on Thursday. The letters also warned that the United States reserves the right to take military action to defend its anti-ISIS allies in Syria, potentially setting the stage for new clashes with regime forces and their Russian partners.
Bonus: Mass shootings under last 4 presidents…
MASS SHOOTINGS under last 4 Presidents before President Trump
George H. W. Bush – 7 mass shootings
Bill Clinton – 18 mass shootings
George W. Bush – 15 mass shootings
Barack Obama – 37 mass shootings
Up 246% from Bush to Obama
Yet liberals blame Trump for dividing the nation?
- Florida Shooting Survivor: CNN Gave “Scripted Question” After Refusing Question About Armed Guards
- A Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student said he was approached by CNN to ask a question at Wednesday night’s town hall, but declined after the network gave him a “scripted question” instead of allowing him to ask his own question.
- Colton Haab, a member of the Junior ROTC who shielded students while shots rang out, Local 10 news that he was going to ask a question about hiring veterans as armed security guards.
- “CNN had originally asked me to write a speech and questions and it ended up being all scripted,” Haab told WPLG-TV. “I don’t think that it’s going get anything accomplished. It’s not gonna ask the true questions that all the parents and teachers and students have.”
ROTC student Colton Haab, who shielded students from the school gunman, says CNN scripted the entire townhall event and censored him from asking the questions that he wanted to ask.
CNN is pure propaganda. pic.twitter.com/AD1e7uGMV9
— Ryan Saavedra 🇺🇸 (@RealSaavedra) February 22, 2018
- “Colton wrote questions about school safety, suggested using veterans as armed school security guards but claims CNN wanted him to ask a scripted question instead so he decided not to go,” reported Stanwood.
- In response CNN released the following statement Thursday morning:
CNN did not, and does not, script any questions for town hall meetings, ever.
- Someone is lying.
BREAKING: Student activist David Hogg, just happens to decide to interview students hiding inside a closet about gun control DURING the active shooting. Listen to this!! He says it’s 9:30am but the shooting didn’t happen until 2:21pm.
- 2:19 p.m. An Uber driver dropped Cruz off at the high school.
- 2:21 p.m. Cruz entered the east stairwell of the school’s Building 12, wearing a backpack and carrying a rifle inside a black soft rifle case. He quickly removed the rifle from the case and left the stairwell. Cruz then started shooting. He first shot into Room 1215, then went to 1216 and then 1214. He returned to Room 1216, then went back to 1215 and then Room 1213. Cruz then took a west stairwell to the second floor of the school building and shot a victim in Room 1234.
- 2:24 p.m. Cruz took the east stairwell to the building’s third floor.
- 2:27 p.m. When he reached the third floor, he dropped the rifle and backpack inside the stairwell and ran back downstairs.
- A tweet by the local CBS Miami affiliate was date-stamped nearly two hours before the mass shooting took place at the Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, FL on Valentine’s Day. How did that happen?The Twitter Date & Time Stamp Clearly Reads on the Tweet:
12:12 PM – 14 Feb 2018
This official “Date & Time Stamp” can easily be cross-referenced authenticated using Google search among other Internet tools and techniques. Here’s the screenshot that quite incredibly remains on the CBS Twitter page.
Google also confirms that the time of the CBS4 Miami tweet was:
12:12 PM – 14 Feb 2018
Now here’s a screenshot of the CBS Miami Twitter page which also shows the 12:12 PM – 14 Feb 2018 “Date & Time” of the tweet. Click on the graphic below to enlarge.
One can’t help but wonder if all these false flag clues were really left on purpose.
.@RickFolbaum texting with student in school who is asking when police will be coming to help them. About 40 of them are cramped in a closet waiting for help.
Latest: https://t.co/ePn2aH2aWJ @ERodCBS4 #Parkland #Florida
— CBS4 Miami (@CBSMiami) February 14, 2018
- Just hours after President Trump angrily declared on Twitter that he never suggested that “teachers with guns” would be an appropriate deterrent to stop school shootings (before launching into a tirade about why doing precisely that would be a sensible solution), the president has proposed that the “20% or so” of teachers who agree to keep weapons should receive “a little bit of a bonus.”
- Trump added that leaving schools “gun free” makes them too vulnerable to school shootings like the one that left 17 students of Marjorie Douglas Tillman high school in Parkland, Fla. dead and more than a dozen injured.
- Not counting on Washington to take action on gun laws, four Northeast Democratic governors on Thursday announced the formation of a state-based alliance to beef up gun controls. It’s modeled on the Climate Alliance formed by Democratic governors after President Donald Trump announced he’d withdraw from the Paris climate agreement.