Author Topic: I'm guessing the new $5 note is the lead-in to dropping the $100  (Read 3014 times)

Offline Nym Net

• View Profile
I'm guessing the new $5 note is the lead-in to dropping the $100
« on: November 17, 2016, 05:58:42 PM »

The Australian five-dollar note was first issued on 29 May 1967, one year after the currency was changed from the Australian pound to the Australian dollar on 14 February 1966. It was a new denomination, as the pound system had no £2½, with a new mauve colouration.

There have been five different issues of this denomination:

a paper note which had a gradient of mauve, with a distinct black overprint.

The first Polymer banknote issue, which can be recognised for its distinct mauve colouration and numeral font, was first issued in pale mauve (1992). A number of people found it difficult to distinguish from the $10 banknote, especially in poor lighting conditions.

In 1995, a second polymer issue was created, distinguishable by its deeper shade and different font for the numeral.

A federation commemorative was issued in 2001 for that year only. Notes featured Sir Henry Parkes on the obverse and Catherine Helen Spence on the reverse.

From 1 September 2016, a new design of the note was debuted with more security features and a 3D tactile feature for those with vision difficulties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_five-dollar_note

*vision difficulties my ___* I haven't had one in my hand yet but I can't wait to figure out what all the new symbology is about.