Author Topic: Centrica PLC LSE listed as CNA redundancies Where i Work  (Read 220 times)

Offline Ben

• View Profile
Centrica PLC LSE listed as CNA redundancies Where i Work
« on: May 21, 2019, 04:29:04 AM »
Hello  :)
I work at Centrica at a British gas call center here in the UK and they are making lay offs like no tomorrow :-[, from my call call center alone they made 50 employees redundant last year and then they left in January 2019, this is in Leicester city, then they just announced that they are closing an entire call center in Leeds must be in excess of 200 employees. :-\ Then they are also laying off team leaders and managers across the company as a whole, the share price is declining rapidly and the worst its been and sits at around 94p which is the worst its been since 1998, :'( fortunately iv devised a plan  ;D and will be jumping ship soon and possibly travailing to Australia, 8)  but either way how many more customers are leaving British gas is incredible 200,000 customers left in the last 3 months alone, :o but where i work the way the call centers are run im not going to lie its such a political environment and its all about pushing blame on to the person below for higher managers so these guys aint got a clue about innovation or creative management structures, >:( from my perspective the company is its own worst enemy, but there you go out with the old and in with the new  ;) after all Centrica PLC is just one out of a million that may be going through rough times at this point but we'll see What happens.   ;D :P

Offline Ben

• View Profile
Re: Centrica PLC LSE listed as CNA redundancies Where i Work
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 05:44:58 AM »
This is just and update to the recent post i made, it wasn't just the Leeds branch that was closing it was also a full call center in Glasgow in Scotland as well must be another 200 staff if not more plus also i was speaking to employees that had come down from Edinburgh call center Scotland and they mentioned to me that they have also had a lot of people been made redundant in there call center as well, as far as im aware there multi skilling us staff to take on more call types as well shifting a lot of the customer service operations off shore to places like Cape town in south Africa and India, i know they already had call centers based in cape town and india but they are shifting more and more of there Opps off-shore to cut costs.   

Offline Ben

• View Profile
Re: Centrica PLC LSE listed as CNA redundancies Where i Work
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 05:56:48 AM »
Oh yeah forgot to mention the share price as of writing centrica's hight of 400p a share listed on the LSE on 16th September 2013 now sits at 95p a share 7th June 2019, the last time it was this low was the 9th September 1998  :(