Author Topic: ConcernedAmericanDad  (Read 3893 times)

Offline ConcernedAmericanDad

• View Profile
ConcernedAmericanDad
« on: August 03, 2015, 10:07:38 PM »
Hi All, I certainly Appreciate all Dave's hard work bringing us the real news each day. I've been trying for quite some time now to gently nudge close family and friends awake with my blog: It's not easy. Most really are so plugged in. Would like to hear some advice or shared experiences in the effort. Thanks

https://concernedamericandad.wordpress.com

Offline ConcernedAmericanDad

• View Profile
Re: ConcernedAmericanDad
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 09:05:49 PM »
'would really love some tips on how to wake up friends and family.

Boyo

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 11:42:35 PM »
I think you have summed up the question everyone here has asked and wants help with. I am no exception.

I hear people whispering that it all doesn't add up. Becoming aware of a lie they have believed without question. But simply unable to make the next connection - protect yourself and your family.  Either fear of the truth or the loss of the facade of a womb I believe is what  keeps the populace complacent.  A few years back a major storm took out quite a bit of the power grid in the US ( in our area for 8 days ). The saving grace was weather was mild here. In the middle of a harsh winter and the body count  could have been staggering. I haven't seen many give thanks for the timing or the time to prepare. Some have, bu not many.

If you push too hard you're a nut so always approach slowly. 

Good luck.

Offline cujo

• X-treme Master
  • Semper Paratus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 06:36:33 AM »
If you push too hard you're a nut so always approach slowly.

Oh yes, the age old question, how to get friends and loved ones to see the light.  What I've found was a swift kick in the ass or a good slap!  Obviously that is an approach we want to take, look until they feel the pain they'll continue to live a false life.  Even then they have to be self motivated to do something about it and they won't.

Until our loved ones and friends turns off the NFL and MSM they will not open their eyes, they are in a comfort zone.  Not until their comfort zone is threatened will you have a couple attempt to prepare, but by then they will be to broke or to late.

After family said they'll be at my place when "My SHTF" I welcomed them, but told them of the requirements like 1 years worth of food, first aid, hygiene ect...  other wise I love ya but you're not welcomed.

They will either investigate or simply deem you nuts and shun you.  Do not worry about worry about them, they have their own destiny, focus on preparing for you and your family.  Start to build a tribe or join one, keep moving forward and become callused with a hardened soul.

Offline larkin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 12:47:21 PM »
Hi All, I certainly Appreciate all Dave's hard work bringing us the real news each day. I've been trying for quite some time now to gently nudge close family and friends awake with my blog: It's not easy. Most really are so plugged in. Would like to hear some advice or shared experiences in the effort. Thanks

https://concernedamericandad.wordpress.com

If this your site, my compliments!

Many people do not understand that this is not a partisan crisis.  If you go into it with an exclusively  conservative or liberal point of view you will be biting your own tail and doing their bidding.

FloydPink

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 12:25:07 AM »
People will wake up on their own, you cannot force someone to wake up. Its good to want to help people to see the truth, but they cannot see the truth when their eyes are closed. They have to open their eyes first. That will happen to them someday, I'm afraid to say for most people it will come in the harshest of ways.

Deeply

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 08:10:34 PM »
... I'm afraid to say for most people it will come in the harshest of ways.

Yes. It usually does come harsh. It's a sad part of "modern" life that being prepared for anything is laughed about. That's something to really think about in the first place.

If your every need is satisfied through mass consumption that is readily provided to you from cradle to grave, then you have no frame of reference anymore. The very thought of government subsidies or elaborate supply chains of big box stores breaking is forbidden - as far as I can tell. They can't comprehend that anything could possibly go wrong. They still have hope (if that's what you want to call it). They all believe that the complexities of modern society will improve their lives forever and without fail. Don't they? Isn't that what they are taught?

To be completely honest, I don't think that folks just don't want to be prepared - it's more about the lack of any perceived need to prepare for anything.

It's not the idea of preparing for ill times that needs to be explained.

The idea of a NEED to prepare is what's needed.

Things happen. The strongest hurricane in the history of the world is about to slam into Mexico, for instance:

Meet "Stunningly Catastrophic" Patricia, The World's Strongest Storm Ever Is About To Hit Mexico
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-23/meet-stunningly-catastrophic-patricia-worlds-strongest-storm-ever-about-hit-mexico

"Stunning, historic, mind-boggling, and catastrophic" is how Weather Underground's Jeff Masters sums up Hurricane Patricia, which intensified to an incredible-strength Category 5 storm with 200 mph winds overnight as it approaches the Mexican coast. As The NY Times reports, The World Meteorological Organization warned that the hurricane’s strength was comparable to that of Typhoon Haiyan, which caused devastation in the Philippines in 2013, and so Mexico has declared a state of emergency for Puerto Vallarta (with officials warning that storm surges could cause waves of up to 39 feet) as she is forecast to hit the coast between 6 and 10pm ET.

Offline BioGoddess

• Primum non nocere unless it's you or them
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 04:50:51 AM »
It's THE MOST heartbreaking issue.

ConcernedAmericanDad:
... how to wake up friends and family...

FloydPink:

People will wake up on their own, you cannot force someone to wake up. Its good to want to help people to see the truth, but they cannot see the truth when their eyes are closed. They have to open their eyes first. That will happen to them someday, I'm afraid to say for most people it will come in the harshest of ways.
(bold emphasis mine)

Deeply:

To be completely honest, I don't think that folks just don't want to be prepared - it's more about the lack of any perceived need to prepare for anything.

cujo:

... Until our loved ones and friends turns off the NFL and MSM they will not open their eyes, they are in a comfort zone.  Not until their comfort zone is threatened will you have a couple attempt to prepare, but by then they will be to broke or to late... told them of the requirements like 1 years worth of food, first aid, hygiene ect...  other wise I love ya but you're not welcomed. Start to build a tribe or join one, keep moving forward and become callused with a hardened soul.
(bold emphasis mine)

All of these comments mirror my response to you, ConcernedAmericanDad... (and thank you for following my blog; Larkin's right, yours is great work!) My family and all but my partner think of me as a prepper kook. I understand and empathize with your situation, and know others here do, too.

As Boyo said: "Good luck."  :-X

Deeply posted Mexico's hurricane Patricia's image - a real danger, possibly engineered.

Additionally, it seems no one talking about the predicted North West American coast's earthquake and tsunami. An excerpt from the article also offers some insight concern voiced by the OP: How ca we get family andfriends to understand and prepare for what's coming?

The brevity of our lives breeds a kind of temporal parochialism—an ignorance of or an indifference to those planetary gears which turn more slowly than our own.    This problem is bidirectional... ... in neighboring theatres, the world threatens to succumb to Armageddon by other means: viruses, robots, resource scarcity, zombies, aliens, plague. As those movies attest, we excel at imagining future scenarios, including awful ones. But such apocalyptic visions are a form of escapism, not a moral summons, and still less a plan of action. Where we stumble is in conjuring up grim futures in a way that helps to avert them.
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/07/20/the-really-big-one 
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 09:41:47 AM by auralor »

Offline Raw_Kit_Lawn_Chair

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2015, 01:46:34 PM »

If your every need is satisfied through mass consumption that is readily provided to you from cradle to grave, then you have no frame of reference anymore. The very thought of government subsidies or elaborate supply chains of big box stores breaking is forbidden - as far as I can tell. They can't comprehend that anything could possibly go wrong. They still have hope (if that's what you want to call it). They all believe that the complexities of modern society will improve their lives forever and without fail. Don't they? Isn't that what they are taught?

MY parents have this mindset. THey feel like anything bad will be just a cycle, that the America they know as adults will just keep cranking along and all things will correct. It's the same mindset that said "send your kid to college, it's the only way he'll be employed by anyone of note and have a fantastic life. We'll give him a good desk job with the govt and/or some hegemonic corporate retailer, we promise. He doesn't have to learn how to maintain his utilities or his vehicle. He'll just have so much money from this fabled modern job he can just pay people to do all these things for him."
 Boomers, why did you think you wouldn't have to teach us values and skills? Why didn't you watch us real close and make sure those lesbian spinsters and humanities majors didn't fill us with "dreams" to follow as soon as they took God out of the classroom? Did you really expect govt schools and the internet to answer all of our questions? You look around you and wonder why your kid is mutilating himself and injecting foreign hormones in his body while he's sitting on trillions in student debt in your basement. Meanwhile you realize at the last minute YOU have no hope for retirement and have to work into an early grave. You wish people would quit complaining about not finding a job, but I didn't see you standing up for your friends, family and neighbors when their jobs were shipped overseas starting in the 1970s. Once again, I can go on...

At the end of the day I'm GLAD this is all happening. It's the future we ultimately chose. Bring the fire.